NewsHomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:54 pm by Ninja-Penguin.

» Nice how things?
Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 
 

 Bought my first AR-15 :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja-Penguin.
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1785
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 19
Location : Lincolnshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:12 pm

Air rifles are too expensive for my liking, and they fire .22 at most. .177 too but it just ain't big enough for me Razz

And yes, I am in the ACF. We were going to a 100m range with the L98s but I think the regiment needed it that day so that was called off, meh.

And I personally can't remember my scores.
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/13thninjapenguin
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 3230
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 21
Location : Lancashire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:17 pm

Pfft ACF, they are so much worse than CCFs Razz I only remember because they were quite good :L We shot at 200m as well, after running 500m in full equipment. We didn't get time to do a 300m shoot
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant


Posts : 1480
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 20
Location : N.J., U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Don't take this offensively Ninja, but you're 14. Why would it be that you want to move to the U.S., specifically Nevada, to be able to bare a firearm...

Also army cadet? How does that work :/
Back to top Go down
Ninja-Penguin.
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1785
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 19
Location : Lincolnshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:08 pm

@Death, I'm in the Army section of my school's CCF, which they call the ACF, and then there's an RAF cadets too. And that run in full equipment must have knackered you out xD

@Deadly When I'm older I want to move to the States and live there(hopefully) as an aeronautical engineer. But I have a passion for firearms too, I have taken into account becoming a soldier, a royal marine maybe. Then moving to America or something, I don't know. But it is not my sole intention to go to America just for firearms. And Nevada was just a suggestion, I think I'd go somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/13thninjapenguin
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 3230
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 21
Location : Lancashire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Oh right good, I meant the ACFs on their own are worse than those part of CCFs Razz Yeah, that was the idea, it was hard to shoot when that tired.
Back to top Go down
Moorinator
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Is it short stroke piston Or gas operated?
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-04-12
Age : 23
Location : Reno, Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 pm

DON'T COME TO NEVADA!
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
RJ_Whitlock_9mm
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 943
Join date : 2010-11-26
Age : 28
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:43 pm

Moorinator wrote:
Is it short stroke piston Or gas operated?

It's short stroke piston.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/rjwhitlock89
RJ_Whitlock_9mm
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 943
Join date : 2010-11-26
Age : 28
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:01 pm

Added some mods to it! All I need is the Magpul ASAP sling adapter and an optic and I'm done.

Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/rjwhitlock89
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1531
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : North Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:08 pm

In ND you don't need a permit to buy guns or jump through any hoops. I carry a pistol when i hunt and i'm only 15. I feel bad for all of you guys in states where you can't own firearms and such. But look at ND, over half the states populations owns guns and we have the lowest crime rate in the US. That just goes to show that gun control is a ton of BULLSHIT. And oh yah, nice AR.


Last edited by ApplesausGoblin on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RJ_Whitlock_9mm
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 943
Join date : 2010-11-26
Age : 28
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:15 pm

ApplesausGoblin wrote:
In ND you don't need a permit to buy guns or jump through any hoops. I carry a pistol when i hunt and i'm only 15. I feel bad for all of you guys in states where you can't own firearms and such. But look at ND, over half the states populations owns guns and we have the lowest crime rate in the US. That just goes to show that gun control is a ton of BULLSHIT.

You can only carry a pistol while hunting and that's it. If you want to CC like I do, you have to get a Permit. Also you have to wait til your of age. NDs CC laws are bullshit, can't carry at any public gathering. Which basically means only you can carry while your going for a walk.

ND as a whole may have a low crime rate, but Fargo sure as hell doesn't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/rjwhitlock89
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1531
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : North Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:22 pm

RJ_Whitlock_9mm wrote:
ApplesausGoblin wrote:
In ND you don't need a permit to buy guns or jump through any hoops. I carry a pistol when i hunt and i'm only 15. I feel bad for all of you guys in states where you can't own firearms and such. But look at ND, over half the states populations owns guns and we have the lowest crime rate in the US. That just goes to show that gun control is a ton of BULLSHIT.

You can only carry a pistol while hunting and that's it. If you want to CC like I do, you have to get a Permit. Also you have to wait til your of age. NDs CC laws are bullshit, can't carry at any public gathering. Which basically means only you can carry while your going for a walk.

ND as a whole may have a low crime rate, but Fargo sure as hell doesn't.
Yah we got a bit of crime in fargo but very seldom murders and such, and I am getting a CC permit as soon as i'm 18 and just because law says i cant carry at a public gathering doesn't mean i won't. Thats the point of carrying concealed, Nobody knows your actually carrying. And as soon as I get out of college i'm gonna move out to western ND, its prettier and its alot more rural and Fargo is too big for me but the crime rate still aint that high. Hell, maybe i'll become a petroleum engineer and work out on the oil rigs where CC permits are on the rise. Classes across the state are full.
Back to top Go down
RJ_Whitlock_9mm
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 943
Join date : 2010-11-26
Age : 28
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:32 pm

ApplesausGoblin wrote:
RJ_Whitlock_9mm wrote:
ApplesausGoblin wrote:
In ND you don't need a permit to buy guns or jump through any hoops. I carry a pistol when i hunt and i'm only 15. I feel bad for all of you guys in states where you can't own firearms and such. But look at ND, over half the states populations owns guns and we have the lowest crime rate in the US. That just goes to show that gun control is a ton of BULLSHIT.

You can only carry a pistol while hunting and that's it. If you want to CC like I do, you have to get a Permit. Also you have to wait til your of age. NDs CC laws are bullshit, can't carry at any public gathering. Which basically means only you can carry while your going for a walk.

ND as a whole may have a low crime rate, but Fargo sure as hell doesn't.
Yah we got a bit of crime in fargo but very seldom murders and such, and I am getting a CC permit as soon as i'm 18 and just because law says i cant carry at a public gathering doesn't mean i won't. Thats the point of carrying concealed, Nobody knows your actually carrying. And as soon as I get out of college i'm gonna move out to western ND, its prettier and its alot more rural and Fargo is too big for me but the crime rate still aint that high. Hell, maybe i'll become a petroleum engineer and work out on the oil rigs where CC permits are on the rise. Classes across the state are full.

It's people like you that make CCers look bad. If you do get your CC and decide to carry where your not suppose to I hope you get caught. If you get caught it's a felony, good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/rjwhitlock89
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1531
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : North Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:34 pm

Thanks, good thing i'm not a CCer yet. And i don't quite understand what you call a public gathering.
Back to top Go down
RJ_Whitlock_9mm
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 943
Join date : 2010-11-26
Age : 28
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:38 pm

ApplesausGoblin wrote:
Thanks, good thing i'm not a CCer yet. And i don't quite understand what you call a public gathering.

It's exactly what it sounds like, anywhere the public would gather. Bars, Malls, Concerts, Etc. Also, ND has 2 classes of CC permits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/rjwhitlock89
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1531
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : North Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:45 pm

A person who possesses a firearm at a public gathering is guilty of a class B
misdemeanor. For the purpose of this section, "public gathering" includes athletic or
sporting events, schools or school functions, churches or church functions, political rallies
or functions, musical concerts, and individuals in publicly owned parks where hunting is not
allowed by proclamation and publicly owned or operated buildings. The term "public
gathering" does not apply to a state or federal park.



Oh this is what it means, its only a class B misdemeanor and as long as I don't go to football and hockey games everyday all day I think i'll be fine and i'm not usually one for parks. I go to church on sundays and i suppose i'll have to deal without my gun for and hour but what do ya do? Once i'm out of school i don't think i'll be going back much. I don't like political rallies so i wont go to them. And concerts, i dont go to them either... So this law with no taking guns to public gatherings doesnt really affect me much. So don't worry about me making you look bad mister.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 3230
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 21
Location : Lancashire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:49 am

If the crime rate is so low, why do you need to carry a gun to public gatherings anyway?
Back to top Go down
RJ_Whitlock_9mm
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 943
Join date : 2010-11-26
Age : 28
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:36 am

Deathdealer96 wrote:
If the crime rate is so low, why do you need to carry a gun to public gatherings anyway?

It's not where I live or the surrounding areas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/rjwhitlock89
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 3230
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 21
Location : Lancashire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:40 am

RJ_Whitlock_9mm wrote:
Deathdealer96 wrote:
If the crime rate is so low, why do you need to carry a gun to public gatherings anyway?

It's not where I live or the surrounding areas.

I was directing it at Apple, although I do not necessarily agree with US gun laws, I can understand it if you are going out late alone, but not public gatherings, as he said he wanted to do.
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1531
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : North Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:14 pm

Deathdealer96 wrote:
If the crime rate is so low, why do you need to carry a gun to public gatherings anyway?
Just because the crime rate is low doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I'd just like to know i'll be able to defend myself or friends or family.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 3230
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 21
Location : Lancashire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:06 pm

ApplesausGoblin wrote:
Deathdealer96 wrote:
If the crime rate is so low, why do you need to carry a gun to public gatherings anyway?
Just because the crime rate is low doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I'd just like to know i'll be able to defend myself or friends or family.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. For example, in London, carrying a knife actually makes you more likely to get stabbed by a knife, as people will see you as more of a threat, I'd argue it is the same with guns really, so I think taking them to public gatherings doesn't have a point, either way, I respect your opinion.
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1531
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : North Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Deathdealer96 wrote:
ApplesausGoblin wrote:
Deathdealer96 wrote:
If the crime rate is so low, why do you need to carry a gun to public gatherings anyway?
Just because the crime rate is low doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I'd just like to know i'll be able to defend myself or friends or family.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. For example, in London, carrying a knife actually makes you more likely to get stabbed by a knife, as people will see you as more of a threat, I'd argue it is the same with guns really, so I think taking them to public gatherings doesn't have a point, either way, I respect your opinion.
I can legally carry a knife in ND and alot of the time I do. And it is not to defend myself, but as a useful tool. You can believe all of your gov'ts false statistics but when they took away your handguns the criminals kept getting them, they don't care what your gov't says.
And with guns, i'm not talking about taking them to public gatherings but if i'm concealed carrying nobody knows i am carrying in the first place and the gun only comes out if you or someone else's life is indangered.
Back to top Go down
RJ_Whitlock_9mm
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 943
Join date : 2010-11-26
Age : 28
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:37 pm

ApplesausGoblin wrote:
Deathdealer96 wrote:
ApplesausGoblin wrote:
Deathdealer96 wrote:
If the crime rate is so low, why do you need to carry a gun to public gatherings anyway?
Just because the crime rate is low doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I'd just like to know i'll be able to defend myself or friends or family.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. For example, in London, carrying a knife actually makes you more likely to get stabbed by a knife, as people will see you as more of a threat, I'd argue it is the same with guns really, so I think taking them to public gatherings doesn't have a point, either way, I respect your opinion.
I can legally carry a knife in ND and alot of the time I do. And it is not to defend myself, but as a useful tool. You can believe all of your gov'ts false statistics but when they took away your handguns the criminals kept getting them, they don't care what your gov't says.
And with guns, i'm not talking about taking them to public gatherings but if i'm concealed carrying nobody knows i am carrying in the first place and the gun only comes out if you or someone else's life is indangered.

What type of knife do you carry? I have a M&P opening assist knife, I don't carry it very often as if I were to get caught, the officer might not know the difference between a assisted opening and switchblade.

To the UK thing, your are 100 percent correct, I just watched a video this morning about how a lot of UK gunshop owners and citizens are pissed that they got there handguns taken away. From the video it seem UK citizens want them back and want them bad.

http://firearmsfuture.com/ click the video A Defenseless Population, the rest of the videos are good as well if you live in the US.

Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/rjwhitlock89
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1531
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : North Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:32 pm

RJ_Whitlock_9mm wrote:
ApplesausGoblin wrote:
Deathdealer96 wrote:
ApplesausGoblin wrote:
Deathdealer96 wrote:
If the crime rate is so low, why do you need to carry a gun to public gatherings anyway?
Just because the crime rate is low doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I'd just like to know i'll be able to defend myself or friends or family.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. For example, in London, carrying a knife actually makes you more likely to get stabbed by a knife, as people will see you as more of a threat, I'd argue it is the same with guns really, so I think taking them to public gatherings doesn't have a point, either way, I respect your opinion.
I can legally carry a knife in ND and alot of the time I do. And it is not to defend myself, but as a useful tool. You can believe all of your gov'ts false statistics but when they took away your handguns the criminals kept getting them, they don't care what your gov't says.
And with guns, i'm not talking about taking them to public gatherings but if i'm concealed carrying nobody knows i am carrying in the first place and the gun only comes out if you or someone else's life is indangered.

What type of knife do you carry? I have a M&P opening assist knife, I don't carry it very often as if I were to get caught, the officer might not know the difference between a assisted opening and switchblade.

To the UK thing, your are 100 percent correct, I just watched a video this morning about how a lot of UK gunshop owners and citizens are pissed that they got there handguns taken away. From the video it seem UK citizens want them back and want them bad.

http://firearmsfuture.com/ click the video A Defenseless Population, the rest of the videos are good as well if you live in the US.

I carry different knifes at different times but ussuallys it's my SOG Flash 2 assisted opener
Back to top Go down
ApplesausGoblin
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1531
Join date : 2012-03-18
Location : North Dakota

PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:45 pm

And I saw that NRA program on the outdoor channel the other day! And oh yah I just read and found out switchblades are legal in ND just not in Fargo for some bullshit reason probably.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bought my first AR-15 :D   

Back to top Go down
 

Bought my first AR-15 :D

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
13th MEU :: Public Relations :: Public Discussion-