NewsHomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:54 pm by Ninja-Penguin.

» Nice how things?
Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 

U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Was this fair?
Yes. They deserved it after all they did in 9/11.
23%
 23% [ 5 ]
No. This is cruel, and shows immaturity, especially in such a crucial time of ending the war.
77%
 77% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
will1456
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:56 am

People are hypocrites I swear. Lots say "YEAH KILL THE TALIBAN AND ANY OTHER TERRORISTS!!" then those same troops that do that go and piss on the enemy "OMG INAPPROPRIATE!!!" It shouldn't of been put up for the public to see but personally, I'd do the same to those fuckheads who knows what they'd do if it was the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Insevin
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:24 pm

There should definitely be a full scale investigation into all US and NATO activities in Afghanistan. Is this happening elsewhere? How are we treating innocent civilians? Are we honoring the fallen, including our enemy's dead?

I can't speak for our allies' troops but any American or NATO personnel, civilian or military, found to be in violation of law and/or common humane treatment of civilians and even the dead needs to be brought to court all at once in a joint civilian-military tribunal. This should take place with each person individually reviewed during a series of hearings, probably over several weeks. Here in the states for Americans and over in Brussels for NATO.

Basically investigate and prosecute anyone found to be harming civilians, defiling corpses, or even mocking or disrespecting the faith of the people, women, etc where they're serving. These troops/civilians/contractors are UNDERMINING the war effort.

We lost Vietnam because the North make the American people HATE the war. Look what the Taliban is during, courtesy of the Marine Corps. Thanks USMC for a job well done 98% of the time, but sometimes the unconscionable actions of just a few can have a significant negative effect.

All the excuse for the Taliban to dismember, hack, chop, and slice our fallen troops.

I think the Marines involved in this little piss shoot should be tossed into a brig until the end of the Afghan war. They should be treated well, and given a trial along with all the other a-holes giving their country a bad name. The few and the stupid in this case.

Once again, this isn't a rant against the USMC or our military. This is targeted SPECIFICALLY at the inhumane and reckless stupid m*fuckers that think its funny to disrespect the enemy.

Wars are lost over things like this.
Back to top Go down
Insevin
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Making a separate post for this....

Let's not forget that whether or not we're respectful of the enemy, these jihadists are most likely going to do worse to our men anyway. For that we need to continue to hunt them down, weed them out, deploy our drones, and use all the other great tools Uncle Sam and his family pays for.

But it doesn't make it OK to stoop down to their level and do cruel things to them too.

Afghanistan is just locked in a state of irreparable disorder. I don't know how its going to be fixed, or if a whole bunch of westerners storming in and taking the place has really done any good. If we can't leave and pat ourselves on the back for creating a stable, politically and economically secure Afghan nation then why the f*ck do we bother?

I say f 'em. Let them rot in civil unrest, give the refugees safe passage and keep the communists out (China). But don't let thousands of our own people die in a fruitless campaign.

When they've nuked themselves we can return to mine and extract oil, but for now lets get out. That is unless there's some newfound hope in diplomacy. Probably not since it looks like our guys missed the toilet, among other things. Whatever's done its gotta be slow and cautious. I just hope the old men in charge of this country make the right choice.
Back to top Go down
ROUGHNECK
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Clan-mates,

Little late arriving to the party, but reading this thread I am somewhat surprised that no one has used Gen. W.T. Sherman's famous quote: "War is hell"

In fact he has many quotes that touch upon the barbarism and cruelty of war.

What when you got boys, 18 to 24 yr old boots on the front lines fighting this war, stuff like this is going to happen...I know what I was doing when I was 18-24 yrs old and it wasn't dodging bullets, RPG's and IED's or killing enemies on the battlefield or dying on them...

My 4 uncles served in Vietnam...all enlisted. One did 2 tours the others one. Knowing what I know now I realize that one of my uncles indeed suffered from PTSD...after his death from liver complications(Alcoholic), I got to talking to his brothers and each of them had their own versions of how they handled the war while in country. The consensus there was that war is truly hell and that you have to become another person entirely, as my uncle Mike put it, you have to become "Ruthless because charlie are mean MF'ers and will cut your head off!!!"...he's told me of how he dreams of the people that he's killed and that they are waiting for him "on the other side"....(sad)

I couldn't imagine what kind of person I can or would have to become when death is waiting for me at every corner of war...but I can imagine these marines have become what they need to be...to git er done

So as far as the question goes...Was this fair? I don't know-as I am not sure what type of a person I would have to transform myself into to deal with THE SUCK!

I'll leave you with another quote, that could probably relate to this topic:
"War is too serious a matter to leave to soldiers."
Gen. W.T. Sherman

[*Salute*]

Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:26 pm

Insevin wrote:
There should definitely be a full scale investigation into all US and NATO activities in Afghanistan. Is this happening elsewhere? How are we treating innocent civilians? Are we honoring the fallen, including our enemy's dead?

I can't speak for our allies' troops but any American or NATO personnel, civilian or military, found to be in violation of law and/or common humane treatment of civilians and even the dead needs to be brought to court all at once in a joint civilian-military tribunal. This should take place with each person individually reviewed during a series of hearings, probably over several weeks. Here in the states for Americans and over in Brussels for NATO.

Basically investigate and prosecute anyone found to be harming civilians, defiling corpses, or even mocking or disrespecting the faith of the people, women, etc where they're serving. These troops/civilians/contractors are UNDERMINING the war effort.

We lost Vietnam because the North make the American people HATE the war. Look what the Taliban is during, courtesy of the Marine Corps. Thanks USMC for a job well done 98% of the time, but sometimes the unconscionable actions of just a few can have a significant negative effect.

All the excuse for the Taliban to dismember, hack, chop, and slice our fallen troops.

I think the Marines involved in this little piss shoot should be tossed into a brig until the end of the Afghan war. They should be treated well, and given a trial along with all the other a-holes giving their country a bad name. The few and the stupid in this case.

Once again, this isn't a rant against the USMC or our military. This is targeted SPECIFICALLY at the inhumane and reckless stupid m*fuckers that think its funny to disrespect the enemy.

Wars are lost over things like this.

Very well said.
Back to top Go down
zloty99
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:47 pm

no warrior deserves that kind of disrespect after death
Back to top Go down
totalwarrior6780
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:50 pm

I think it is outright disgraceful what the marines did,I believe they should be in prison because at the end of the day urinating on anyone makes you a **** in my opinion. how would you like it to be urinated on? Nobody would want that to happen to them so why do it to someone else

Those soliders should be arrested and given long jail sentences and any other punishments I support (not execution)

I only hope these actions taken by a few idiotic and pathetic solders domt affect any future peace talks

Those soilders need to be given some serious consequences because they bring shame to themselves

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sryan: how did you get your new name? Vespasian?
Sryan: you drive a Vespa and you're asian?
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:04 pm

zloty99 wrote:
no warrior deserves that kind of disrespect after death

Nor do Warriors deserve to die from an enemy that is a coward.

My whole family has been in almost every major conflict, from the Civil War, on up.

My Grand-uncle is currently dealing with PTSD, as he is a Vietnam Vet. He was on-board the 1st Air-tanker shot down behind enemy lines. He flew in the C-130s when they would bring the bodies back home, stacked floor to ceiling.

After that, he became part of the Marine Force Recon teams, and the stuff he has said is horrible. Such as walking out of an Ammo Dump, surrounded by his close friends. The dump took an artillery round, and exploded, killing all of his friends, but leaving him unscathed. He also had to endure the entire Khe Sanh bombardments.

There are plenty of stories, that I know, pictures I have seen of friends & family members no longer here, and war is hell.

What they did is not right, urinating on bodies, but you do not know the whole story. As I have previously stated, in war, the insane becomes the sane. You try to do things just to keep yourself sane.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
billwardak
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Deadly i have met you Uncle, he used to be wth the 1/7 cav. the curroption is most defineitly there in the government but not at your Uncles level, its in the halls of congress and in the white house. as long as there is contactors willing to pay politicians for their votes and politicians willing to take contractors money your going to have war. the compnies that are getting the no bid contracts dont care about our economy they will rape and pillage the american people until we ave nothing and the companies will move on.. as far as the Marines pissing on the Taliban good for them!! to think you can fight a civilized war against a uncivilized force is rediculous.
Back to top Go down
metsman3.0
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:30 pm

Due to my being muslim, I may have a bias for this topic, but I have to state that this was wrong. By doing this they pretty much discraced the Marines. Look, I understand the Taliban would show no courticy toward us, but we must act wth decentcy. To say that this is just is understandable, but it shows the fine line between us becoming them. What do most Taliban think anyway? They don't hate us, they dont hate our country, they dont hate our values, they just want us OUT of their homeland. Let's not forgetthat US troops have killed civilians and drone stikes often level entire owns, for what? Is it worth killing one insurgent to end the live of an innocent man? An innocent child? We cannot become the enemy, and being gratious is what can win wars. Hitler, led massacres in my homeland. Bin Laden, killed many Christians Jews and Muslims, as well as many other faiths on 9/11! For both I would have still said we give them fair trial and due process. As we did in the Boston Massacare with the British troops, we should continue our stance of doing what we know is right. Do NOT misunderstand me, I would have liked nothing better than to deal wtih The "Furur" myself, but I would have made him go though what should have been done.

I'd like to note Im talking about the Taliban in this sense, not Al Quieda. THEY started this and THEY actually hate us. By my point still stands, No one, and I mean no one diserves this kind of disrespect after death. As my Granduncle used to say, "Let god sort them out" (No, not Duke Nukem, he said it)

Last edited by metsman3.0 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Actually it's my friend's uncle.

Did you honestly meet him? He's a great guy in my opinion. I remember him mentioning his work in the 1/7 Cavalry. He's well known for, not only his rank as Sergeant Major of the Army, but also his work in enlisting in all tankman crew positions. I've seen his medals, and from what I've seen, he shows good effort in fighting for what he believes in, and to me, it's a shame to see how corrupt the government can be, especially to a guy like him!

As far as the topic, I don't agree with you. I mean, even if the Taliban do perform actions that are uncivilized and horrific, I still believe that it shows immaturity, as, even though they've done it to us, we should be the bigger person, and not fully, but respect the death. Esepcially when we were able to end the war. Tired of seeing good men die out there.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:36 pm

metsman3.0 wrote:
Due to my being muslim, I may have a bias for this topic, but I have to state that this was wrong. By doing this they pretty much discraced the Marines. Look, I understand the Taliban would show no courticy toward us, but we must act wth decentcy. To say that this is just is understandable, but it shows the fine line between us becoming them. What do most Taliban think anyway? They don't hate us, they dont hate our country, they dont hate our values, they just want us OUT of their homeland. Let's not forgetthat US troops have killed civilians and drone stikes often level entire owns, for what? Is it worth killing one insurgent to end the live of an innocent man? An innocent child? We cannot become the enemy, and being gratious is what can win wars. Hitler, led massacres in my homeland. Bin Laden, killed many Christians Jews and Muslims, as well as many other faiths on 9/11! For both I would have still said we give them fair trial and due process. As we did in the Boston Massacare with the British troops, we should continue our stance of doing what we know is right. Do NOT misunderstand me, I would have liked nothing better than to deal wtih The "Furur" myself, but I would have made him go though what should have been done.
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:43 pm

Spoiler:

I agree Bill.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
RJ_Whitlock_9mm
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:00 pm

It doesn't bother me none, you'd be surprised what they do to us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/rjwhitlock89
Tommy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:26 pm

I'm 100% sure that isn't even the worst thing happend in the war....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   

Back to top Go down

U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
13th MEU :: Public Relations :: Public Discussion-