NewsHomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:01 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 
 

 U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Was this fair?
Yes. They deserved it after all they did in 9/11.
23%
 23% [ 5 ]
No. This is cruel, and shows immaturity, especially in such a crucial time of ending the war.
77%
 77% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 22
 

AuthorMessage
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant


Posts : 1480
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 19
Location : N.J., U.S.

PostSubject: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:16 pm

Well, today, I was handed an assignment where I have to write a report on an event that is currently happening/happened this week. This is mine:

U.S. Soldiers Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops!


Disgusting, or is it fair? Recently, the U.S. Military has undergone an investigation of a video that shows four Marine snipers, from the 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines, urinating on dead Taliban troops. Chuckling and mocking the dead troops, several reactions from the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISFA) have reported that “Once we retrieve information on who these soldiers are, we will, without a doubt, punish for their guilty crimes, and offensive act against families, friends, and citizens of Afghanistan.”

The video has surfaced on a very crucial moment, as the Taliban’s political wing, has said it has it ready to settle down, and discuss peace talk, to end the long-decade war in Afghanistan. The U.S. Military, NATO, the chairman of the Department of Defense, head chief of the Marine Corps, and the Platoon Leader of the squadron, have sincerely apologized, in hopes of making it clear to the political leaders in Taliban, that the soldiers will be held accountable for their irresponsible and cruel actions.

However, recent debate from many websites such as YouTube, have been stating that, “Because we urinated on dead Taliban troops, the political party might consider not discussing peace-talk to end the war, however, since we were attacked on September 11, 2001 with thousands of innocent U.S. citizens that died on that day, they are offended by a bit of piss in their dead bodies?!” Others have counter back saying, “@User123 fighting fire with fire, makes a bigger fire. Yes, we have the right to be offended for the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, however, in a time so crucial for us to end this once and for all, 4 immature soldiers, had to take a piss, showing disrespect to all citizens of Afghanistan, especially, when not all of them, are the terrorist we think they are.”

As you can clearly see, a debate has sparked whether they deserved it, or whether it pushed it too far. So what do you think? Act of disgust, disrespect, cruelty, and immaturity, or an act of fairness?

What do you think?

Link to article:
http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/12/10131666-deplorable-us-defense-chief-condemns-urinating-marines-video
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-04-12
Age : 23
Location : Reno, Nevada

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:56 pm

In all honesty, you only see what the media wants you to see. You probally haven't seen/heard half of the things that they do to our troops. I have. Not first hand, but photos, and videos of close friends, etc.

It is always the Americans doing something wrong, and if someone acts stupid, it portrays the American people. I mean really? There is way more behind the scenes, that we have no idea of what it is. Almost like the Protester thing, where the people were in the line, and were pepper-sprayed. Thats the only part the media showed, but the full video shows the officers warning them multiple times, and the people agree that they understand what can happen.

Also, the war in Afghanistan won't end yet. As long as there are Private companies, and boots on foreign soil, the war will be fought, no matter what.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
CaptEdster
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
avatar

Posts : 2512
Join date : 2009-09-28
Age : 21
Location : Southern Cali

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:54 pm

Some may think this is wrong. But you have to understand what the Taliban have done. 9/11, decapitations of Americans, throwing acid into young girl's faces. In addition to the fact seeing your buddies getting blown up by IED's. I'm not saying that it's good to urinate on dead guys, but you can't really blame the Marines for doing so.
Back to top Go down
Jax_Knife
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1356
Join date : 2011-04-07
Age : 25
Location : Puerto Rico

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:12 am

I think were seeing the small picture here. All we talk about is that they deserve it because of what they did. If you want my opinion, this isn't about if its their fault and frankly I don't even care who's wrong and as far as I know neither does the US government right now. Both sides have lost people and we're gonna keep losing people if we don't stop the war. I know that 9/11 was horrible, but all we do by continuing the war is loose more troops and make our economy worse than it already is. Hell we may even make new enemies in the process. Every way you look at it we loose this way. We have to look after our own country and we're not doing it by pursuing a war of vengeance. In my opinion it was stupid on their part and more than that, hazardous to the US at this point.
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-04-12
Age : 23
Location : Reno, Nevada

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:16 am

Jax... it's no longer a war on vengance... it's a war for money. If people were not so money hungry, then there would be no wars. Wars generate huge revenues, and the greedy take it all in.

As long as they want the money, there will be blood spilled on foreign lands.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant


Posts : 1480
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 19
Location : N.J., U.S.

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:16 am

I still think it's wrong. I agree, that the Taliban troops are corrupt, and deserve a severe punishment, however, I just felt like recording this and publishing it in public was wrong, and may cause problems.

@splinter
I know the media only shows a partial part of the video, so you are clear when you say that we do not know the full story. However, it still was wrong.

I know the war will be continue to be fought, however, as long as it's not where a major conflict might break out, I am fine.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant


Posts : 1480
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 19
Location : N.J., U.S.

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:18 am

No splinter it's not all for money. Maybe a part of it is for money, however, I know my friend's uncle, and he is definitely not filled with that greed. Also, it's not if people weren't so money-hungry, it's if people were smart.
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-04-12
Age : 23
Location : Reno, Nevada

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:19 am

Whos his uncle? Not a head-member such as a President, Congressman, etc. They are greedy f**ks. Always have been, always will be, unless some things change.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
Jax_Knife
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1356
Join date : 2011-04-07
Age : 25
Location : Puerto Rico

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:20 am

splintercellsz wrote:
Jax... it's no longer a war on vengance... it's a war for money. If people were not so money hungry, then there would be no wars. Wars generate huge revenues, and the greedy take it all in.

As long as they want the money, there will be blood spilled on foreign lands.
We also have to sustain the war and you know that takes a hit on an economy thats already in shambles.
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-04-12
Age : 23
Location : Reno, Nevada

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:21 am

Due to the countries leaders screwing us over 10-fold.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
Jax_Knife
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1356
Join date : 2011-04-07
Age : 25
Location : Puerto Rico

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:26 am

splintercellsz wrote:
Due to the countries leaders screwing us over 10-fold.
Perhaps. Its no secret that the US belongs to the rich and powerful. But troops urinating on corpses only makes it worse.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant


Posts : 1480
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 19
Location : N.J., U.S.

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:27 am

He is Raymond Chandler, Sergeant Major of the Army.

Now, stop discussing how "corrupt" the government is, because I don't want start a "The government is controlled by the Illuminati" consipracy ****, I wanna hear your thoughts on this issue.

To me, this is immature without a doubt. Do they deserve it? Yes, in my case, I believe they do, however, we did not have to perform this way, especially at a time where we could've ended this war.
Back to top Go down
Jax_Knife
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1356
Join date : 2011-04-07
Age : 25
Location : Puerto Rico

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:29 am

DeadlyChaos09 wrote:
To me, this is immature without a doubt. Do they deserve it? Yes, in my case, I believe they do, however, we did not have to perform this way, especially at a time where we could've ended this war.
Yeah, that's also my opinion.
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-04-12
Age : 23
Location : Reno, Nevada

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:29 am

You're right.

I stated my thoughts, and to me, they are in their right. There is no doubt in my mind that the Enemy has done the same, and even worse to us.

It's war. Dirty, gory, deadly war. In that mind-set, the insane becomes the sane.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant


Posts : 1480
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 19
Location : N.J., U.S.

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:33 am

I couldn't agree more. War is meant to be fought with whatever it takes.
"All is fair in love and war."
However, I believe this was too immature in the case, and we should be the bigger person to show, they even if they do throw acid, burn our bodies, decaptation, POW, blown up by IED, and much more, we shouldn't urinate on them, but instead, show some respect. Not like bending down and planning a funeral, but at least not do this.
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-04-12
Age : 23
Location : Reno, Nevada

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:35 am

Meh, way worse has gone un-reported then just expelling bodily fluids.

Just sad that the media releases clips, and not the full things. Who knows, they could have been getting shot at, and one of their members could have been hit. After killing them, and not thinking right, they did this act.

Put your self in their shoes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1692
Join date : 2011-04-07
Age : 19
Location : Fenton,Missouri

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:36 am

I dont really care what the do to the taliban troops honestly i dont think its a big deal u see rebels in Africa doin the same thing and the rape women burn villages the UN just sits and watches so this pretty small for me

well thars my thoughts
Back to top Go down
Jax_Knife
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1356
Join date : 2011-04-07
Age : 25
Location : Puerto Rico

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:38 am

splintercellsz wrote:
You're right.

I stated my thoughts, and to me, they are in their right. There is no doubt in my mind that the Enemy has done the same, and even worse to us.

It's war. Dirty, gory, deadly war. In that mind-set, the insane becomes the sane.
Ive stated my opinion also and respect your reasons for differing from them. I apologize if it seemed like I was arguing.
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-04-12
Age : 23
Location : Reno, Nevada

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:41 am

Naw, I didn't think that, haha. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter what others may think.

I apoligize if it seemed that I brought the big-guns, and was trying to start an argument.

I get heated over these topics though, as I know too many people that have been deployed, KIA, WIA, etc. Just hits home.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
FlamingBear
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1692
Join date : 2011-04-07
Age : 19
Location : Fenton,Missouri

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:42 am

what WIA mean
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-04-12
Age : 23
Location : Reno, Nevada

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:45 am

Wounded in Action
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
Jax_Knife
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1356
Join date : 2011-04-07
Age : 25
Location : Puerto Rico

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:47 am

splintercellsz wrote:
Naw, I didn't think that, haha. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter what others may think.

I apoligize if it seemed that I brought the big-guns, and was trying to start an argument.

I get heated over these topics though, as I know too many people that have been deployed, KIA, WIA, etc. Just hits home.
Now what if all arguments ended like this. Razz
Back to top Go down
DeadlyChaos09
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant


Posts : 1480
Join date : 2011-05-23
Age : 19
Location : N.J., U.S.

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:53 am

FlamingBear, the point is, why would we want to downgrade ourselves like that to promoting the way others act? Shouldn't we try and put ourselves in a much more mature manner, and not look how others act, but how we act?
Back to top Go down
deadwolf12
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 923
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 23
Location : California, USA

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:59 am

I prefer our troops coming home as soon as possible

The longer we stay there, the more of a negative impact we are leaving which has led to this
Back to top Go down
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-04-12
Age : 23
Location : Reno, Nevada

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:04 am

Jax_Knife wrote:
splintercellsz wrote:
Naw, I didn't think that, haha. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter what others may think.

I apoligize if it seemed that I brought the big-guns, and was trying to start an argument.

I get heated over these topics though, as I know too many people that have been deployed, KIA, WIA, etc. Just hits home.
Now what if all arguments ended like this. Razz

What if they did??

Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops   

Back to top Go down
 

U.S. Armed Forces Urinate on Dead Taliban Troops

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
13th MEU :: Public Relations :: Public Discussion-