Share | 

Something to think about

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Something to think about   Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Just thought I'd share this for everyone because I'm sure it's affected pretty much everyone in this clan at some point in their life.

"A teacher in New York was teaching her class about bullying and gave them the following exercise to perform. She had the children take a piece of paper and told them to crumple it up, stomp on it and really mess it up, but do not rip it. Then she had them unfold the paper, smooth it out and look at how scarred and dirty is was. She then told them to tell it they’re sorry. Now even though they said...... they were sorry and tried to fix the paper, she pointed out all the scars they left behind. And that those scars will never go away no matter how hard they tried to fix it. That is what happens when a child bullies another child, they may say they’re sorry but the scars are there forever. The looks on the faces of the children in the classroom told her the message hit home."

I'm sure everyone has scars from their childhood, those are usually the ones that last the longest and sting the most.

Thoughts?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day, live and die on this day.."
----------------------
Back to top Go down
flame211
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:49 pm

wow..... just wow.... this teacher knows how to teach
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forumn.org/forum
Mega Max546
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:57 pm

Thats one smart teacher I should use that for elemntry kids I see some bully others.
Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Well taught. I myself went through being bullied in my time, and even did bullying myself. Part of me personally believes that bullying is part of the system, at least to an extent. Bullying has been around for generations as a process of some learning to defend themselves, be tuffer inside, and learn what things hurt ya and what really don't. I do also believe though some bullying has gotten outta hand thanks to things like facebook and mobile phones, and the internet and such. There is a line that must be drawn, but doesn't mean we need to raise a bunch of wussies lol
Back to top Go down
ZenosyX
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:44 am

first thought: MY EYES!!

the red and the gray background really don't mix well on my screen O_<

but yeah, it's a nice way to make a kid understand. understanding usually put up limits to oneself so the bullying would at least smoothen out, but I doubt it'd remove it completely. I also have to admit that to some extent I understand and agreed with what IB say; it do help a kid to get stronger if it's faced with a bit of hardships. although it shouldn't be allowed to get out of hand Razz
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:30 pm

Awesome way to teach, even I was amazed as the way she taught how somethings can never go away.

Although, in some cases it makes kids stronger, in other cases it messes up the kid. Don't forget that some bullies also have problems and it is a factor as to why they bully.
Back to top Go down
Heckstorm
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:48 am

Wow. There should more teachers around the world like her; it would beat the hell out of counselors' crap talk.
Back to top Go down
blacklotus87
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:15 pm

I believe bullying happens cause the enviroment you live in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/
UnlitAssassin
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:23 pm

I got bullyed at school and it has affected my self confidence i am now 25 i left school ages ago but the effects are still there it has stopped me getting to points that i wanted because of confidence it really f**ks you up i cant stand it
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/akc_raven/andysrtwsite
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:16 pm

blacklotus87 wrote:
I believe bullying happens cause the enviroment you live in.

I agree with that, in part. Some people are just naturally shy and therefore an easy target. Some people have natural dispositions towards society in general (i.e. not liking large crowds, being the center of attention) etc.

I believe a lot of things contribute towards bullying itself and people being bullied. Western society is based largely around status and hierarchies in which people want to move up in. If that means stepping on top of someone else to do it, it's socially acceptable.

I'm just saying all this because this area was my major in college, Social Organizations.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day, live and die on this day.."
----------------------
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something to think about   

Back to top Go down

Something to think about

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
13th MEU :: Public Relations :: Public Discussion-