NewsHomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:01 pm by DayTex

» Nice how things?
Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 
 

 Occupy Wall Street!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
avatar

Posts : 1318
Join date : 2010-08-03
Location : Senior Squad Staff Advisor (US-NA)

PostSubject: Occupy Wall Street!   Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:36 pm

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
avatar

Posts : 13028
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : The Concrete Jungle

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Moved to Public Discussion...

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

13th MEU Command Element


A Common Sense Bill of Non-Rights moderators
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 2966
Join date : 2011-05-02
Age : 40
Location : MA, USA

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:47 pm

All I have to say about this is... What the hell is this all about? From what I've heard on the radio (WAAF, which is funny about this thing) is people standing up to the big and wealthy, whether business or person. Most don't even have the facts right saying the wealthy pays like 1% in taxes which is absurd. The wealthy pays more % than the middle class. Just look at any federal tax bracket. 300k + pays 35% of their income to taxes. That's a far cry to 1%. It just seems like 1% because while the middle class struggles, it seems as if 35% were just pennies. From this raido show, it just seems like stoners, uneductaed, and some even rich people there making a stink about nothing.

Unless I'm not seeing their cause correctly.
Back to top Go down
eze_trex_xD
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
avatar

Posts : 157
Join date : 2011-06-30
Location : NY, bx

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:51 pm

i wanna pass by there xD its kinda deep though im in manhattan well for skool
Back to top Go down
metsman3.0
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-04-15
Age : 20
Location : Some where in New York

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:56 pm

Personally I agree with the whole movement. I understand america's belief that you should pull yourself up by your bootstrings but I personally (Dont look at me differently because of this) beleave more in socialism like France and Germany. Every man woman and child should be entitled to Health care and equal level of education. America's version of Capitalism had given eveyone an "Every man for himself" mentality. Look, if it didn't work I wouldnt support it, but Germany, Denmark and Sweden are all going through this crisis with only small hitches. People there pay high taxes but they dont mind because they have a higher quality of life there. Even some Middle Eastern countries are doing this like Kuwait and Qatar, and they've become centers of commerce and education.

And personally, people like Herman Cain and rick Perry amke me sick to my stomach.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
avatar

Posts : 13028
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : The Concrete Jungle

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:54 pm

Trister wrote:
All I have to say about this is... What the hell is this all about? From what I've heard on the radio (WAAF, which is funny about this thing) is people standing up to the big and wealthy, whether business or person. Most don't even have the facts right saying the wealthy pays like 1% in taxes which is absurd. The wealthy pays more % than the middle class. Just look at any federal tax bracket. 300k + pays 35% of their income to taxes. That's a far cry to 1%. It just seems like 1% because while the middle class struggles, it seems as if 35% were just pennies. From this raido show, it just seems like stoners, uneductaed, and some even rich people there making a stink about nothing.

Unless I'm not seeing their cause correctly.
I agree totally with you trister. From what I see its just people mad at people for being rich.


____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

13th MEU Command Element


A Common Sense Bill of Non-Rights moderators
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
metsman3.0
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-04-15
Age : 20
Location : Some where in New York

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:24 pm

Im guessing that chart counts childern. You know most people on Government checks are kids right? Should we cut them off? "They're in America, make them work." Quoting Good Ol' Newt Ginrich there.
Back to top Go down
weras4213
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 511
Join date : 2010-11-01
Age : 25
Location : Örnsköldsvik, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:27 pm

metsman3.0 wrote:
Personally I agree with the whole movement. I understand america's belief that you should pull yourself up by your bootstrings but I personally (Dont look at me differently because of this) beleave more in socialism like France and Germany. Every man woman and child should be entitled to Health care and equal level of education. America's version of Capitalism had given eveyone an "Every man for himself" mentality. Look, if it didn't work I wouldnt support it, but Germany, Denmark and Sweden are all going through this crisis with only small hitches. People there pay high taxes but they dont mind because they have a higher quality of life there. Even some Middle Eastern countries are doing this like Kuwait and Qatar, and they've become centers of commerce and education.

And personally, people like Herman Cain and rick Perry amke me sick to my stomach.

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
avatar

Posts : 1318
Join date : 2010-08-03
Location : Senior Squad Staff Advisor (US-NA)

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:46 pm

metsman3.0 wrote:
Personally I agree with the whole movement. I understand america's belief that you should pull yourself up by your bootstrings but I personally (Dont look at me differently because of this) beleave more in socialism like France and Germany. Every man woman and child should be entitled to Health care and equal level of education. America's version of Capitalism had given eveyone an "Every man for himself" mentality. Look, if it didn't work I wouldnt support it, but Germany, Denmark and Sweden are all going through this crisis with only small hitches. People there pay high taxes but they dont mind because they have a higher quality of life there. Even some Middle Eastern countries are doing this like Kuwait and Qatar, and they've become centers of commerce and education.

And personally, people like Herman Cain and rick Perry amke me sick to my stomach.
I'm a liberal too, I believe in France, and Sweden and other countries that use the Social Democratic way to run the government. Capitalism should exist, as well as free enterprise, but everyone should be entitled to the fair chance. We are all equal.
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
avatar

Posts : 13028
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : The Concrete Jungle

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:37 am

metsman3.0 wrote:
Im guessing that chart counts childern. You know most people on Government checks are kids right? Should we cut them off? "They're in America, make them work." Quoting Good Ol' Newt Ginrich there.
I'm guessing its people who just make income....the more people we have making income, the more people pay taxes. I can see you guys (michael, mets) as probably wanting a higher minimum wage too...Well, for every few cents you raise it, the more jobs that get shipped overseas, leaving more unemployed which would be less people paying taxes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

13th MEU Command Element


A Common Sense Bill of Non-Rights moderators
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
splintercellsz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 4047
Join date : 2011-04-12
Age : 23
Location : Reno, Nevada

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:40 am

What about that D.R.E.A.M. Act thing. Such BULL.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/splintercellsz?feature=mhum
metsman3.0
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-04-15
Age : 20
Location : Some where in New York

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:24 pm

I never said anything about a higher minimum wage. I'll leave that up to the State Legisalture. But we are all people and we all deserve a better life, am i right?
Back to top Go down
metsman3.0
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-04-15
Age : 20
Location : Some where in New York

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:28 pm

thebronxbomber wrote:
metsman3.0 wrote:
Im guessing that chart counts childern. You know most people on Government checks are kids right? Should we cut them off? "They're in America, make them work." Quoting Good Ol' Newt Ginrich there.
I'm guessing its people who just make income....the more people we have making income, the more people pay taxes. I can see you guys (michael, mets) as probably wanting a higher minimum wage too...Well, for every few cents you raise it, the more jobs that get shipped overseas, leaving more unemployed which would be less people paying taxes.

That's why I supported a tax on every job sent overseas. If we make it cost more to have jobs over there than oer here things will get better!
Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 859
Join date : 2011-04-06
Age : 26
Location : TX, USA

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:31 pm

I neeed money. all I gotta say
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
avatar

Posts : 13028
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : The Concrete Jungle

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:54 pm

metsman3.0 wrote:
I never said anything about a higher minimum wage. I'll leave that up to the State Legisalture. But we are all people and we all deserve a better life, am i right?
Or lower the minimum wage so companies can have more labor here in the US. How do you tax jobs overseas...

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

13th MEU Command Element


A Common Sense Bill of Non-Rights moderators
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
metsman3.0
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 908
Join date : 2011-04-15
Age : 20
Location : Some where in New York

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Simple mate, you look at their payroll. Everyone who meets ALL of these requirments: Was born elsewhere, lives elsewhere and WORKS elsewhere is usually an outscourced worker. For ever outscourced job we then slap on say... 2% tax increases for the corperation? That'll make them come back. Maybe offer some tax breaks for companies with jobs here.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
avatar

Posts : 13028
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : The Concrete Jungle

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:35 pm

You mean outsourced...? I don't believe that'll fix it. Taxing the actual imported goods might work. But the truth of the matter is you got to get rid of all these regulations, get rid of the EPA, etc Lower the minimum wage, drill here creating jobs and becoming less dependent on foreign countries for energy, etc. The more government intervention, the less "free" the market is. It's a relative frequency distribution, not a frequency distribution. It's not like you can put all the regulations and taxes on and also think that'll help the economy.

And mets thought you were for more taxes for companies here, as in the big corporations--thats what the Occupy Wall street protesters are for aren't they? ;o

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

13th MEU Command Element


A Common Sense Bill of Non-Rights moderators
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
zloty99
Corporal
Corporal
avatar

Posts : 232
Join date : 2011-07-19
Age : 105
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:22 pm

we've got enough different kind of tribute - no need for new one Very Happy
the most important thing is to manage this taxes properly - too much money is
wasting and stealing
and obviously look who is ruling this world - a huge corporations - they are capable of
changing the law

Back to top Go down
billwardak
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 202
Join date : 2011-12-30
Age : 49
Location : north pole Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:21 pm

having a ready labor market doesnt do any good if your labor force cannot afford to support themselves on the wages that you pay them. the reason companies and corporations have shipped their jobs overseas is because of profit plain and simple. the problem with that is al the jobs that have left have also created a void in the population that can afford the products that the companies are selling. they (corporations) did their business plannig on short sighted goals and not the long term well being of them and this country. and our politiciansthe sheperds of our wellbeing allowed it..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Occupy Wall Street!   

Back to top Go down
 

Occupy Wall Street!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
13th MEU :: Public Relations :: Public Discussion-