Share | 

Computer experts look here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marcuz
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Computer experts look here   Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:44 am

Okay so its time a bought a new computer since my old pc broke down and my laptop can barely and barely play P4F.

I dont know enough about computers to start building my own so im gonna buy a package pc but not from any local crapshop but from a know company that builds good gaming pc`s and sell em with their own package name.

With my budget i found this one that looks to me relleh Ok! but whut do you guys think about this one:

AMD780- Based Motherboard , SATA 6Gbps, USB 3.0
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE , 3.2GHz
8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
1TB SATAII HDD
AMD Radeon HD 6850, 1GB GDDR5
Burning DVD-station
Antec Sonata III ATX box

This would cost me 700€

Will this run BF3 nicely ?

Oh and btw im not gonna buy anything with the text "Intel"

-Marcuz
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:08 pm

There's nothing like a custom built pc, for many reasons I won't go into. What you have there will run BF3 better than just "nicely".

My concern would be expandability. Things like how many memory slots does it have? Will you be able to just slap in another 8Gigs of memory or will you have to spend more to replace the ones you have in there?

Another thing does it have PCIE 3.0? This is the next gen of PCI express and would allow you to get PCIE3 hardware that will soon be coming out, if it hasn't already.

Lastly the board is an AM3 which you should verify if it'll work with AM3+ CPUs. The new line of AMD CPUs like the Bulldozer:Zambezi released a few days ago, uses the new AM3+ standard. Future AMD CPUs, will also be using this standard. And to not have a AM3+ you'll be stuck.

Without researching prices, not sure if the cost adds up or not, but it seems to be a good build.

Last edited by Trister on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marcuz
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:06 pm

Well that`s stuff that doesnt really matter to me Very Happy

I usually buy a Pc and use it untill its seems its from the stone age to the new games and buy a new one...and yes i know it would be alot cheaper to replace the parts 1 by 1 by time ... but when i wanna upgrade my pc i just throw out the old one.. well usually donate it to my lil bro and go buy myself a new one.

But thx anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
zloty99
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:49 pm

could you specify a motherboard please?
and what about power supply?
the rest looks fine Cool
Back to top Go down
Marcuz
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:59 pm

Thats the only thing it says on the site that its a "AMD780- Based Motherboard , SATA 6Gbps, USB 3.0" nothing more....Powersupply is 500W
Back to top Go down
supersceptile
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Well, I'm not too sure about the video card, since the 6850 is similar to the 460, which ran BF3 Beta at mid-low. I'd either change it to a 6870 or add in another 6850. As for the processor, you won't need much more than a 1090T, since it won't be much of a bottleneck. Don't worry, thats a proven fact... by me, since my cousin is running a 1100T (400MHz diff, not overly significant), and Xfire 6870s.

RAM is also not an issue; you really wont need more than 8-12 GB if you're not running a server.
Back to top Go down
Nusume
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:42 pm

i'm a intel fanboy, don't know much to tell about amd...and i quite hate ati radeon cause their drivers blows. but i will like to +1 on Trister post.

a few days back i bought a bit of upg for my rig, just an e8400...nothing special, now i'm trying win7 x64, on 4gb ddr2 with a 9600 gso 1gb/256 to see what i can juice from this Smile
Back to top Go down
zloty99
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:52 pm

supersceptile wrote:
Well, I'm not too sure about the video card, since the 6850 is similar to the 460, which ran BF3 Beta at mid-low. I'd either change it to a 6870 or add in another 6850. As for the processor, you won't need much more than a 1090T, since it won't be much of a bottleneck. Don't worry, thats a proven fact... by me, since my cousin is running a 1100T (400MHz diff, not overly significant), and Xfire 6870s.

RAM is also not an issue; you really wont need more than 8-12 GB if you're not running a server.

mine 460 (a little bit overclocked Very Happy ) handle BF3 beta on high settings (some ultra) with average 40fps
and thats only cause of CPU (athlon II x4 630)
with phenom 1090t i think you can go max

get some more info about motherboard cause thats quite important part of the rig
and if you going to do some overclocking a proper power supply like OCZ or Corsair at least 600w
Back to top Go down
DeltaMeter
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:17 pm

supersceptile wrote:

Same with the guy above me. Everything high and textures ultra. Ran at 45ish.
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:29 pm

Well bear in mind guys that Ultra video setting was not really Ultra as EA/DICE explained..

Might not be able to run Ultra with the 6850 but Med shouldn't be a problem. For power, I would think these guys would know what they're doing and it only requires a 500w power supply. Unless you plan on overclocking which I assume your not.

If you want to dump more money then yes, I'd say get a better graphics card which may need a higher PSU.
Back to top Go down
Marcuz
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:21 am

Thx for all the replys, really helpfull Smile

So the main issue with this Pc is the Gfx card, but im not the biggest hardcore gamer that needs to be able to run games on the highest settings, just wanna play the new games with decent settings Smile

So i will order this pc when i get home from work today, and then later i will just upgrade the gfx card so i can play newer games if it hangs up on it.

@ Zloty99 , the 500W will do find cause i dont even know how to overclock Very Happy

Thx again guys Razz feel free to change my mind before i get home ^^
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:59 pm

Hopefully it'll run bf3 costing that much No

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

13th MEU Command Element

A Common Sense Bill of Non-Rights moderators
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
DeltaMeter
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:51 pm

If I were you I would wait until Kepler and the AMD equivalent come out.
Back to top Go down
Marcuz
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:15 pm

thebronxbomber wrote:

Bet you only starred at my avatar :v
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Marcuz wrote:
thebronxbomber wrote:

Nope not like the first time I've seen it lol. No but that should more than run it is what I'm saying

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

13th MEU Command Element

A Common Sense Bill of Non-Rights moderators
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Marcuz
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:18 am

DeltaMeter wrote:

Whuts that !?

Well its late now, Order has been done and its paid for, atleast they got free shipping Smile
Hopefully i will be getting it next week, since they have to put it togheter 1st and then ship it out to me Smile

Im guessing i get all the drivers on cd`s with it. cause it doesnt even have a OS on it, gonna download that too, guessing Win 7 professional...oh wait i mean "buy" Razz
Back to top Go down
vanhoucke
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:54 am

pirat
Marcuz wrote:
DeltaMeter wrote:

Whuts that !?

Well its late now, Order has been done and its paid for, atleast they got free shipping Smile
Hopefully i will be getting it next week, since they have to put it togheter 1st and then ship it out to me Smile

Im guessing i get all the drivers on cd`s with it. cause it doesnt even have a OS on it, gonna download that too, guessing Win 7 professional...oh wait i mean "buy" Razz
Back to top Go down
DeltaMeter
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:18 pm

Kepler is basically the 600 series, but they are using new architecture for it.
Back to top Go down
Marcuz
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Trister wrote:
There's nothing like a custom built pc, for many reasons I won't go into. What you have there will run BF3 better than just "nicely".

My concern would be expandability. Things like how many memory slots does it have? Will you be able to just slap in another 8Gigs of memory or will you have to spend more to replace the ones you have in there?

Another thing does it have PCIE 3.0? This is the next gen of PCI express and would allow you to get PCIE3 hardware that will soon be coming out, if it hasn't already.

Lastly the board is an AM3 which you should verify if it'll work with AM3+ CPUs. The new line of AMD CPUs like the Bulldozer:Zambezi released a few days ago, uses the new AM3+ standard. Future AMD CPUs, will also be using this standard. And to not have a AM3+ you'll be stuck.

Without researching prices, not sure if the cost adds up or not, but it seems to be a good build.

sooo finally got the PC today after almost 3 weeks, and yes the moterboard is AM3+

its Asus M5A87 Smile
Back to top Go down
Toryin
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Marcuz wrote:
thebronxbomber wrote:

again i am asking ,who is that in your avatar? i believe you had another avater with the same girl if im not mistaken..

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven "A danger foreseen is a danger avoided." Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven"Look before you leap"Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven "The end justifies the means." Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost" Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven * "Practice makes perfect." Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
X-Fire: Toryin
BFp4f: Knerzegoi / Toryin
BF3: T0ryin <<<< 0 = zero xD

"we found the culprit..and now...you just mad bro"
Back to top Go down
Trister
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Marcuz wrote:
sooo finally got the PC today after almost 3 weeks, and yes the moterboard is AM3+
its Asus M5A87 Smile

Sweet, so you'll be able to upgrade the CPU some time down the road.

Who cares who she is, apparently she's having a good time which is making me have a good time watching it. Mmmm, I wonder if after a while of her doing that, if she ended up "going".
Back to top Go down
Toryin
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:45 pm

Trister wrote:
Marcuz wrote:
its Asus M5A87 Smile

Sweet, so you'll be able to upgrade the CPU some time down the road.

Who cares who she is, apparently she's having a good time which is making me have a good time watching it. Mmmm, I wonder if after a while of her doing that, if she ended up "going".
LOL trister when i read the begining of your Post i was like "who cares bout the pc ,Its all about the girl"
XD
I even would go as far as saying she "went"

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven "A danger foreseen is a danger avoided." Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven"Look before you leap"Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven "The end justifies the means." Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost" Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven * "Practice makes perfect." Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
X-Fire: Toryin
BFp4f: Knerzegoi / Toryin
BF3: T0ryin <<<< 0 = zero xD

"we found the culprit..and now...you just mad bro"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Computer experts look here   

Back to top Go down

Computer experts look here

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum