NewsHomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Sat May 27, 2017 11:23 am by Rajputana

» Nice how things?
Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 
 

 Speedtest.net

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
killer_eng
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 431
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 22
Location : stem nc

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Mintman
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal


Posts : 184
Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:57 am



this isnt my fastest but i supose it will do Smile
Back to top Go down
AWulle
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
avatar

Posts : 2217
Join date : 2011-11-26
Age : 33
Location : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:15 am



Embarassed

____________________________________________________________________________________________
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, you grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
avatar

Posts : 13028
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : The Concrete Jungle

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:05 am

Wow nice mint Shocked
AWulle wrote:


Embarassed
Not too bad Smile

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

13th MEU Command Element


A Common Sense Bill of Non-Rights moderators
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1158
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 22
Location : North Carolina...... @WVU

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:20 am

this good for wifi?
Back to top Go down
Dutch5n1p3r
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1013
Join date : 2009-07-23
Age : 22
Location : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:08 am



That's my schools internet Razz
Back to top Go down
Ninja-Penguin.
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1784
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 18
Location : Lincolnshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:09 pm

School internet is S*** xD

This is my internet on the upstairs PC which i can't game on :S

That's compared to my Laptop which only uses Wifi instead :'(
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/13thninjapenguin
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
avatar

Posts : 13028
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : The Concrete Jungle

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:57 pm

Ninja-Penguin. wrote:
School internet is S*** xD

This is my internet on the upstairs PC which i can't game on :S

That's compared to my Laptop which only uses Wifi instead :'(
Connect your laptop by cable and you will be good Shocked

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

13th MEU Command Element


A Common Sense Bill of Non-Rights moderators
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Ninja-Penguin.
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1784
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 18
Location : Lincolnshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:35 pm

thebronxbomber wrote:
Ninja-Penguin. wrote:
School internet is S*** xD

This is my internet on the upstairs PC which i can't game on :S

That's compared to my Laptop which only uses Wifi instead :'(
Connect your laptop by cable and you will be good Shocked

But that would either mean getting a 10m ethernet cable linking my laptop to the upstairs router that's also connected to the PC, or drilling a hole through the wall and floor then linking it through :S I don't even think there's another port on the modem that's free :S
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/13thninjapenguin
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
avatar

Posts : 13028
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : The Concrete Jungle

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:49 pm

Ninja-Penguin. wrote:
thebronxbomber wrote:
Ninja-Penguin. wrote:
School internet is S*** xD

This is my internet on the upstairs PC which i can't game on :S

That's compared to my Laptop which only uses Wifi instead :'(
Connect your laptop by cable and you will be good Shocked

But that would either mean getting a 10m ethernet cable linking my laptop to the upstairs router that's also connected to the PC, or drilling a hole through the wall and floor then linking it through :S I don't even think there's another port on the modem that's free :S
I run approx a 60 ft (would be about 19m) from my router to my PS3 Razz I made the cable myself so it was cheaper--buying a manufactured cable from the store for that length would cost so much money, maybe 50gbp (I don't know am just guessing). If you can find a PC shop near you, you could try getting cable made for you--would cost you around anywhere from $.15- $.33 a foot, maybe more (I would say more like $.20)


Also you said you would have to connect your laptop to your upstairs router and then said you don't think there's an open port on the modem...are these two different devices or are you using the terms interchangeably? scratch

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

13th MEU Command Element


A Common Sense Bill of Non-Rights moderators
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Ninja-Penguin.
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1784
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 18
Location : Lincolnshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:54 pm

thebronxbomber wrote:
Ninja-Penguin. wrote:
thebronxbomber wrote:
Ninja-Penguin. wrote:
School internet is S*** xD

This is my internet on the upstairs PC which i can't game on :S

That's compared to my Laptop which only uses Wifi instead :'(
Connect your laptop by cable and you will be good Shocked

But that would either mean getting a 10m ethernet cable linking my laptop to the upstairs router that's also connected to the PC, or drilling a hole through the wall and floor then linking it through :S I don't even think there's another port on the modem that's free :S
I run approx a 60 ft (would be about 19m) from my router to my PS3 Razz I made the cable myself so it was cheaper--buying a manufactured cable from the store for that length would cost so much money, maybe 50gbp (I don't know am just guessing). If you can find a PC shop near you, you could try getting cable made for you--would cost you around anywhere from $.15- $.33 a foot, maybe more (I would say more like $.20)


Also you said you would have to connect your laptop to your upstairs router and then said you don't think there's an open port on the modem...are these two different devices or are you using the terms interchangeably? scratch

Having a cable that long in the house would be impractical and would not fit the rustic aesthetic of the house's interior. I never knew you could get cables made either :S Also, I was using the two terms interchangeably because I'm so confusing Razz
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/13thninjapenguin
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
avatar

Posts : 13028
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : The Concrete Jungle

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Ninja-Penguin. wrote:
thebronxbomber wrote:
Ninja-Penguin. wrote:
thebronxbomber wrote:
Ninja-Penguin. wrote:
School internet is S*** xD

This is my internet on the upstairs PC which i can't game on :S

That's compared to my Laptop which only uses Wifi instead :'(
Connect your laptop by cable and you will be good Shocked

But that would either mean getting a 10m ethernet cable linking my laptop to the upstairs router that's also connected to the PC, or drilling a hole through the wall and floor then linking it through :S I don't even think there's another port on the modem that's free :S
I run approx a 60 ft (would be about 19m) from my router to my PS3 Razz I made the cable myself so it was cheaper--buying a manufactured cable from the store for that length would cost so much money, maybe 50gbp (I don't know am just guessing). If you can find a PC shop near you, you could try getting cable made for you--would cost you around anywhere from $.15- $.33 a foot, maybe more (I would say more like $.20)


Also you said you would have to connect your laptop to your upstairs router and then said you don't think there's an open port on the modem...are these two different devices or are you using the terms interchangeably? scratch

Having a cable that long in the house would be impractical and would not fit the rustic aesthetic of the house's interior. I never knew you could get cables made either :S Also, I was using the two terms interchangeably because I'm so confusing Razz
You could see if you could possibly move the router to a more optimal location going wired whether from your computer or not--you could run a longer cable from the upstairs PC to the modem/router (may or may not be necessary) and then try moving your router to a place with less obstacles, possibly into a hallway or some open area (in a room with a door shut isn't the best thing).

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

13th MEU Command Element


A Common Sense Bill of Non-Rights moderators
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Ninja-Penguin.
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1784
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 18
Location : Lincolnshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:20 am

thebronxbomber wrote:
Ninja-Penguin. wrote:
thebronxbomber wrote:
Ninja-Penguin. wrote:
thebronxbomber wrote:
Ninja-Penguin. wrote:
School internet is S*** xD

This is my internet on the upstairs PC which i can't game on :S

That's compared to my Laptop which only uses Wifi instead :'(
Connect your laptop by cable and you will be good Shocked

But that would either mean getting a 10m ethernet cable linking my laptop to the upstairs router that's also connected to the PC, or drilling a hole through the wall and floor then linking it through :S I don't even think there's another port on the modem that's free :S
I run approx a 60 ft (would be about 19m) from my router to my PS3 Razz I made the cable myself so it was cheaper--buying a manufactured cable from the store for that length would cost so much money, maybe 50gbp (I don't know am just guessing). If you can find a PC shop near you, you could try getting cable made for you--would cost you around anywhere from $.15- $.33 a foot, maybe more (I would say more like $.20)


Also you said you would have to connect your laptop to your upstairs router and then said you don't think there's an open port on the modem...are these two different devices or are you using the terms interchangeably? scratch

Having a cable that long in the house would be impractical and would not fit the rustic aesthetic of the house's interior. I never knew you could get cables made either :S Also, I was using the two terms interchangeably because I'm so confusing Razz
You could see if you could possibly move the router to a more optimal location going wired whether from your computer or not--you could run a longer cable from the upstairs PC to the modem/router (may or may not be necessary) and then try moving your router to a place with less obstacles, possibly into a hallway or some open area (in a room with a door shut isn't the best thing).

Well currently, the router is situated in the room above me so all that's in the way is the floor/ceiling and some shelves. The door would not alter the signal strength. Also, upstairs, we have 2 PCs which use the ethernet cable for internet, moving it would be impractical since 1 of the upstairs desktops is nearly always in use by either my brother or my father.

If I were to use a cable then I would have to either run it all the way round the house, up the stairs and into the room, or drill a hole through the ceiling/floor. Basically, there's not really much I can do. If I'm getting a new PC I will just make sure the wifi card is up to 450mbps and 5GHz (me thinks). Apart from that, there's not really much I can do.
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/13thninjapenguin
Mintman
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal


Posts : 184
Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:22 pm





So i got a new Router and this happened xD
Back to top Go down
Ninja-Penguin.
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1784
Join date : 2011-08-23
Age : 18
Location : Lincolnshire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Mintman wrote:


So i got a new Router and this happened xD

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! No more lag I guess xD
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/13thninjapenguin
ZANNARAGE
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2012-01-15
Age : 21
Location : Bologna, Italy

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:37 pm

Thats optic fibre for sure!
Back to top Go down
WillDill
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1158
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 22
Location : North Carolina...... @WVU

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:00 pm

WVU's internet
Back to top Go down
arnoldz
Site Member


Posts : 7
Join date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Australia Cable! :)   Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:30 pm


I usually have 0 ping on wired connection , this is thru my laptop.


Last edited by arnoldz on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mekline
Mek's Rank
Mek's Rank
avatar

Posts : 8346
Join date : 2010-10-01
Age : 25
Location : Sydney

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:48 pm

arnoldz wrote:
I WANT

____________________________________________________________________________________________


Back to top Go down
redviper911
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1293
Join date : 2012-03-19
Age : 19
Location : Indiana

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:34 am

heck.. i dont have to pay for it
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 3230
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 20
Location : Lancashire, UK

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:46 am

Ninja-Penguin. wrote:
Mintman wrote:


So i got a new Router and this happened xD

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! No more lag I guess xD

Download speed is good...but upload speed is pretty slow (considering the dl speed). I get 65 mb/s download and 18mb/s upload
Back to top Go down
RJBViking
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 320
Join date : 2012-05-30
Age : 19
Location : Kirkenes, Norway

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:05 am

Why do I see such high download speeds, and upload is only around 5 or less, while my upload speed is much higher than download? O.o
I dont get these things.
Back to top Go down
Mintman
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal


Posts : 184
Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Deathdealer96 wrote:
Ninja-Penguin. wrote:
Mintman wrote:


So i got a new Router and this happened xD

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! No more lag I guess xD

Download speed is good...but upload speed is pretty slow (considering the dl speed). I get 65 mb/s download and 18mb/s upload

I like having more download than upload. i dont upload as much stuff and 5 is plenty for me..
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
avatar

Posts : 13028
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : The Concrete Jungle

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:42 pm

mekline wrote:
arnoldz wrote:
I WANT
Ahahaha Laughing Get it then mekline!



And wow that is probably the fastest currently in the clan and fastest posted here ever.... cheers

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

13th MEU Command Element


A Common Sense Bill of Non-Rights moderators
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
arnoldz
Site Member


Posts : 7
Join date : 2013-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:47 am

Thanks! I immediately be getting a new connection offering 40mbs upload Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Speedtest.net   

Back to top Go down
 

Speedtest.net

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
13th MEU :: Public Relations :: Public Discussion-