NewsHomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share this page:
Latest topics
» Last Post wins V3
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:54 pm by Ninja-Penguin.

» Nice how things?
Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:32 pm by bebris

» CLB 13th MEU
Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:28 am by thebronxbomber

» Last Post Wins
Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:24 am by mekline

» Who plans on getting bf4?
Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:35 am by SuperShocky

» It has been a while hasen't it?
Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:59 am by Dutch5n1p3r

» Hi all how are we doing
Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm by UnlitAssassin

» League of Legends
Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 pm by EMISS

» Announcement: Fighting 13th
Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm by Toryin

Servers
Sponsored Link
Unit Rosters

Share | 
 

 Where did your name come from?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nusume
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 98
Join date : 2011-04-05
Age : 27
Location : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Thu May 05, 2011 6:27 pm

in the 90' when i was born people around used to call their kids using such nicknames as "Lușu" tho my mom want to pick a less common form and decided to switch the first letter calling meh Nusu so it remained until nowadays and further will go in the future... tho as an internet requirement of at least 6 digits i added "me" as in the english normal meaning of self-person so there it was created "Nusume" - pretty much uniq world gamming/user nickname that belongs to me :>
tho... -My name is Alex, and i'ma gameoholic! xD

i don't like people that use those over-used nicks like darkkiss, shadowOfDeath, hellwarrior and beyond...u see them all over medieval theme MMORPGs... or stupid nicknames like "||||||" or "XnxNXXnds" the sh1t like u can't even spell on a voice-over program
Back to top Go down
vanhoucke
Captain
Captain
avatar

Posts : 2136
Join date : 2010-08-05
Age : 29
Location : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Thu May 05, 2011 6:31 pm

hmm, answer to this is short: my name is vanhoucke \(^^)/
Back to top Go down
Costapo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal


Posts : 125
Join date : 2011-03-15
Location : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Thu May 05, 2011 6:38 pm

Mine is easy:
Costas (actually Kostas) is my first name
Apostolis is my last name..

so here comes CostApo Smile
Back to top Go down
eDuArDoX94
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 719
Join date : 2011-01-17
Age : 23
Location : ecuador

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Thu May 05, 2011 7:04 pm

vanhoucke wrote:
hmm, answer to this is short: my name is vanhoucke \(^^)/
lol just like me just add at the end a x and 94 that is my born year to make it cooler..... fail Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Austynn
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1063
Join date : 2010-03-23
Age : 27
Location : Calhoun, Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Thu May 05, 2011 7:19 pm

My name was forged in the fires of hell!!!! lfmao
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
avatar

Posts : 1101
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 24
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Thu May 05, 2011 7:29 pm

blackb0rn wrote:
My nick "blackb0rn" comes from the name of a character in a movie called "Black Hawk Down". That character is a rookie soldier of 18 who joined the U.S. Army, and his nickname of the mission for the film was "blackborn". In fact, during the mission he had an accident and he has to return to the base. I recommend watching the movie because it's pretty good. There is even a game based on the film which was the first game I played online on the Internet about 4 years ago. The game is called "Delta Force Black Hawk Down".

Well his name was really PFC. Blackburn, and if you like the movie/game, I'd really recommend the book. Which everything is based on.


My name originates from about 2000. My friend had introduced me to Starcraft, and I ABSOLUTELY loved the Ghost units (still do). And I somehow came up with loneghost, as I didn't have a clan when I got my own copy of SC. I eventually joined a clan called Clan x20, loved those guys, but they eventually fell apart. So my name at this point was loneghost-x20 (my xfire name still had it up from 2006). Still holding the tradition of awesome Blizzard games, in WC3 I founded a clan called DeKi (Death Knights- De Ki), quickly fell apart, but I somehow stuck with that name. So I have some friends I've known for about 5 years now, from just gaming, and we still stay in contact, and they all know me as Deki. But around the same time of WC3, I played a game called Soldier Front. And I wanted to try more than like 2 guns, so I had to make multiple accounts. I came up with GhostOps(Operations), then GhostOps1, GhostOps2, and finally GhostOps21, which had all my favorite guns, and became my main account. I've stuck with it for quite a few years now. So yeah, I love GhostOps, and 21 is now my favorite number.

As a side note, I have earned the nickname of Ghost among my family and friends, as I like being quiet and unnoticed until I want to be. So yeah, I love Ghost haha.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
100,000th Post Poster.

Life is a game. Your timer starts when you are born and ends when you die. There are no winners, losers or tiebreakers. However, the objective is to make the right choices in life. The keys are the people you know, yourself, and everyone else in the world. Are you prepared to make the right choices and use the keys correctly, or will you cheat your way through life, causing the keys to shatter, and live the rest of your life in regret? Choose wisely, your clock is ticking.
Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
avatar

Posts : 7063
Join date : 2010-07-22
Age : 33
Location : Marietta, Georgia

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Thu May 05, 2011 8:37 pm

Projekt - Comes from the "Projekt Revolution Tour" that I attended back in 2004. Insanely great concert that I will never forget. I guess I decided to use this because music plays a big part in my life.

It calms me down, it drowns out the unnecessary events of everyday life, it makes me think/reflect.

3000 - Not quite sure why I started using this. A possible origin of this was because I like to think of myself as a better version than what I was when I was younger.

Maybe someday I'll "upgrade" to 4000 or 5000. Laughing

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day, live and die on this day.."
----------------------
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
avatar

Posts : 13028
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : The Concrete Jungle

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Thu May 05, 2011 8:45 pm

Cmdr. Michael wrote:
Cmdr. - Actually, weirdly, almost exactly the same reason as Ghost. I have always been fascinated by this unique rank, what it resembled, & why so many forms of command use it. I always loved the abbrievation & ever since I started gaming I took it on.

Michael- My IRL name Is Michael, and for some reason, Cmdr. Michael clicked for me, in an odd way, it sounded perfect to me. So I choose Cmdr. Michael.

Probably be the name I will go by in gaming for ever, I take great honor in claiming it. Smile

P.S: Haha me & Ghost are the 2 Cmdr.'s, he will tell you, we haven't met before, so choosing the same name for the same reason is purely coincidental.

P.S 2.0: Anyone remember Cmdr. Michelle? I swear I had nothing to do with that person. You kicked her off this clan like a bunch of 10 year old kids, it still pisses me off. Bronx had even found that our IPs were not the same. I swear I had nothing to do with her. Even though she belonged in my squad, was a girl, had the same name as me except in female terms, & played BC2 PC. That really pissed me off. And the simple apology from Bronx didn't really cut it for me. I was so amazed to have someone with the same name, same squad, and a female, join the clan. (No I didn't mean that pedo-ly, I meant it as girls playing video games=epicness) Haha, I am over it now, but you guys have to admit you acted like little kids with her.
Michael I think you should at least know that by now it was someone from the you know what clan messing with us....with you. They took a name that resembled you since you were one of the last ones that stuck around...So don't bring this up here.


And mine thebronxbomber, is the singular form of "The Bronx Bombers," the nickname given to the NY Yankees because they bomb all their baseballs to Brooklyn! I picked thebronxbomber even though I'm not the biggest fan of baseball and the Yankees (2nd favorite sport after football). My first pick was going to be something like Thebigblueman or something, referring to a nickname of the NY Giants.

Oh and my old name if you guys remember (remember me from any other games before) was GeorgeCusterd. It was a short variation of George Custar, someone I was studying then and found some interest in. Also he was a Major as was I in my clan then. I used this name for RTSes and RPGs.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

13th MEU Command Element


A Common Sense Bill of Non-Rights moderators
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
avatar

Posts : 1318
Join date : 2010-08-03
Location : Senior Squad Staff Advisor (US-NA)

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Thu May 05, 2011 8:50 pm

thebronxbomber wrote:
Cmdr. Michael wrote:
Cmdr. - Actually, weirdly, almost exactly the same reason as Ghost. I have always been fascinated by this unique rank, what it resembled, & why so many forms of command use it. I always loved the abbrievation & ever since I started gaming I took it on.

Michael- My IRL name Is Michael, and for some reason, Cmdr. Michael clicked for me, in an odd way, it sounded perfect to me. So I choose Cmdr. Michael.

Probably be the name I will go by in gaming for ever, I take great honor in claiming it. Smile

P.S: Haha me & Ghost are the 2 Cmdr.'s, he will tell you, we haven't met before, so choosing the same name for the same reason is purely coincidental.

P.S 2.0: Anyone remember Cmdr. Michelle? I swear I had nothing to do with that person. You kicked her off this clan like a bunch of 10 year old kids, it still pisses me off. Bronx had even found that our IPs were not the same. I swear I had nothing to do with her. Even though she belonged in my squad, was a girl, had the same name as me except in female terms, & played BC2 PC. That really pissed me off. And the simple apology from Bronx didn't really cut it for me. I was so amazed to have someone with the same name, same squad, and a female, join the clan. (No I didn't mean that pedo-ly, I meant it as girls playing video games=epicness) Haha, I am over it now, but you guys have to admit you acted like little kids with her.
Michael I think you should at least know that by now it was someone from the you know what clan messing with us....with you. They took a name that resembled you since you were one of the last ones that stuck around...So don't bring this up here.


And mine thebronxbomber, is the singular form of "The Bronx Bombers," the nickname given to the NY Yankees because they bomb all their baseballs to Brooklyn! I picked thebronxbomber even though I'm not the biggest fan of baseball and the Yankees (2nd favorite sport after football). My first pick was going to be something like Thebigblueman or something, referring to a nickname of the NY Giants.

Oh and my old name if you guys remember (remember me from any other games before) was GeorgeCusterd. It was a short variation of George Custar, someone I was studying then and found some interest in. Also he was a Major as was I in my clan then. I used this name for RTSes and RPGs.
Really, I had no idea... :/
Oh yeah, epic name, been to New York before (had relatives living there, either Bronx or Brooklyn, don't remember) but anyways... epic place.
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
supersceptile
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 733
Join date : 2011-05-02
Age : 20
Location : Toronto, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Mon May 09, 2011 12:23 am

Sceptile was a somewhat old Pokemon name. I was really a fanboy back then when I was about 11, 12. "Super" just makes it 156% more ossum.
Back to top Go down
thebronxbomber
Colonel
Colonel
avatar

Posts : 13028
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : The Concrete Jungle

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Mon May 09, 2011 8:34 pm

supersceptile wrote:
Sceptile was a somewhat old Pokemon name. I was really a fanboy back then when I was about 11, 12. "Super" just makes it 156% more ossum.
What about "quack" Very Happy

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

13th MEU Command Element


A Common Sense Bill of Non-Rights moderators
Back to top Go down
http://www.13thmeu.net
DcsChick
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 837
Join date : 2010-11-20
Age : 30
Location : Nap Town

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Mon May 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Ohh Ohh


I picked DCsChick because I absolutely love DC, was born there, raised in Maryland, but fooy to Maryland. Everything great is in DC. The Redskins, the Caps, sadly the Nationals. And Chick, obviously because I'm a girl. Let's not get all flustered because I'm a girl though Smile.
Back to top Go down
modernwarfare132
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1287
Join date : 2010-02-19
Age : 22
Location : Pennsylvainia, USA

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Mon May 09, 2011 9:28 pm

dont forget the Capital Wasteland!

my name comes because of modern warfare (NO!!!!! NOT THE GAME!!!!! ACTUAL COMBAT!!!!!!) and 132 is switched up from 123 (Boy Scout Troop #)
Back to top Go down
paisaman
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1783
Join date : 2010-02-12
Age : 22
Location : Bogota. Colombia

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Mon May 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Paisaman, because "Paisa" is how people from my state in colombia are called, also On the Army , they Call us Paisamans(reference to Supermans) , cuse the almost all of the best colombian soldiers come from the Paisa region, its true, cuse my state is a mountain Region, and we have a very Country side Culture.
Back to top Go down
A bipolar tree
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 1084
Join date : 2010-04-05
Age : 22
Location : Norton, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Tue May 10, 2011 1:50 am

modernwarfare132 wrote:
dont forget the Capital Wasteland!

my name comes because of modern warfare (NO!!!!! NOT THE GAME!!!!! ACTUAL COMBAT!!!!!!) and 132 is switched up from 123 (Boy Scout Troop #)
lol dude, my troop number was 132 before my dad made me stop going to focus on getting a job >:O
Back to top Go down
weras4213
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 511
Join date : 2010-11-01
Age : 25
Location : Örnsköldsvik, Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Tue May 10, 2011 10:54 am

Weras has been my nickname on internet and in games since 2003-2004 when I played NFS Underground on the PS2. When making a profile i just wrote something random and it became Weras.

4213 was some random numbers I used when playing Warrock some years back. When choosing a nickname both letters and numbers were required and so i became weras4213 Smile
Back to top Go down
Cmdr. Michael
Corporal
Corporal
avatar

Posts : 1318
Join date : 2010-08-03
Location : Senior Squad Staff Advisor (US-NA)

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Tue May 10, 2011 11:32 am

A bipolar tree wrote:
modernwarfare132 wrote:
dont forget the Capital Wasteland!

my name comes because of modern warfare (NO!!!!! NOT THE GAME!!!!! ACTUAL COMBAT!!!!!!) and 132 is switched up from 123 (Boy Scout Troop #)
lol dude, my troop number was 132 before my dad made me stop going to focus on getting a job >:O

wow xD
Back to top Go down
http://13thmeu.forum.net
Tommy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 851
Join date : 2010-04-02
Age : 22
Location : Belguim

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Tue May 10, 2011 3:09 pm

Tommy pure and simple.

Real Name=Thomas, but because we had like 3 boys with the name thomas (including me). we all got a special name.

Mah mate was called: Thomy (say it like tHOOMy).
The other was plain and simple= thomas.
And i was Tommy.

-Tommy
Back to top Go down
xshadestalkerx
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal


Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   Tue May 10, 2011 4:47 pm

shade is from when i was a younger maybe 3 or 4 years old.

one day when i was with my cousin we played and had fun.then we walked home while we talked alot.somehow the subject went from video games to shadow and shades.then i started to talk about it all the time.

i got stalker from games i used to play,mmorpg,rts and fps.

what kind of game i played i always used to be called stalker.
first i found it annoying.then i actually started to stalk peoples at games,because it was funny to annoy them and they got really mad...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Where did your name come from?   

Back to top Go down
 

Where did your name come from?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
13th MEU :: Public Relations :: Public Discussion-