Marijuana anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grim.Reefer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana anyone?   Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Marijuana has actually been proven to CURE cancer. Not cause it.
Back to top Go down
Taylorsux
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana anyone?   Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:30 pm

Ive been convinced the drug is safe. and all that. But i think the goverment has it illegal becouse when ever you buy weed or any other drug, your giveing money to the druglords in mexico, besides california since they have it legalized, but thusands of people die every year becouse of the the buying of illegal drugs.
Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana anyone?   Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:14 am

Weed isn't really addictive, at least not physically. You have no withdrawals. Its just a persons natural mental dependency. Its ten times easier to breakdown someones addiction to weed then it is compared to a lot of drugs that cause a bodily reaction when pulled away from the substance.

I wouldn't mind if weed was like it was in california. Its not actually legal, but its decriminalized. meaning the punishment for getting busted with it is like a speeding ticket. But the most part in having drug wars, is because its illegal, and there is still a demand. So its really the government creating its own war because there stubborn and greedy. I don't like it though when you connect a plant like marijuana to actual bad drugs out there. I am not asking for the legalization of any other drug, I do believe the majority of the rest have far less benefits, cause far worse problems.
Back to top Go down
Tommy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana anyone?   Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:39 am

I've been told from the beginning of going to highschool by my parents:

If we catch you with any forms of drugs, We put you on the street and call the police.

Well, i don't need drugs anyways. Even if they are for medical purposes....

If you want to use drugs. whenever it's for medical purposes or not. I don't care, just don't give me drugs because i'll put it in the thrash can ASAP.

-Tommy

Back to top Go down
projekt3000
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana anyone?   Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:08 am

It's long been known that the government benefits more from making marijuana illegal than making legalized. Now, I'm not saying other, more highly addictive drugs shouldn't be combated against. However, look at what this "war on drugs" has cost our country?

So much of our national budget goes towards fighting the distribution, selling, and manufacturing of this drug and yet people are still going to smoke it.

I'm not here to say I'm an advocate of using weed. I've seen what it has done first hand to several of my friends..they first start to smoke, just wanting to try it out. Eventually it does impair their judgement and they start to wonder what other things can make them "trip out".

I've seen them quickly switch to underage drinking (heavy drinking..not just social drinking) then go to cocaine. One of my former "friends" was caught distributing weed to minors and tried to evade arrest. He's currently serving 10 - 15 in the state prison.

Now, obviously smoking weed isn't going to impair judgement towards everyone like it did for my friend however, I hope you all can see that it can potentially be a "gateway" drug. However, I believe the reason so many people want to use it is BECAUSE it is illegal.

It's like the old saying, "When you tell someone they can't do something..9 times out of 10..they're going to try and do it."

Just my $0.02.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day, live and die on this day.."
----------------------
Back to top Go down
DucKy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana anyone?   Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:34 pm

All i can say is 4/20!
Back to top Go down
Jeffay123
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana anyone?   Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:39 pm

no thanks. And what misinformation were you getting when whoever said it CURES cancer? whadda joke. And i prefer when it 5 o'clock somewhere
Back to top Go down
DucKy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana anyone?   Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:04 am

It doesn't cure cancer, it relives pain. But your 15 and i don't expect you to know much about anything. Also long term effects of alcohol are; heart disease, liver disease, and cancer.
Back to top Go down
will1456
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana anyone?   Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:31 am

I think it should be legal personally, as long as it's used privately in your own home or at some sort of "coffee shop" I've never smoked it myself so I'm not getting into this "OH IT'S BAD FOR YOU!" discussion but what I've read about it, it sure doesn't sound like it's killing people.
Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana anyone?   Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:55 am

Then its settled, I DECLADE WEED LEGAL...now if we could get the government to understand all this, then were good
Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana anyone?   Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:12 pm

Two documentary films I recommend watching for both those for legalization but not fully informed, and to those still against it-

The Union: The Business Behind Getting High

and

High: The True Tale of American Marijuana
Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana anyone?   Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi, I'm new here and trying to join. It might be a little to early to join into conversations but this is a very interesting topic and I couldnt help myself (I'll be very polite Razz):

I think legalization (even on california) would have some side effects that experts on the USA are not considering when making their observation. I'm Mexican, living on Mexico (and no, no plan of going anywhere) and I believe one thing to consider is, this legalization, could send the wrong message to Mexico's fight on drugs. When California voted for legalization, newspapers and public opinion here were filled with ideas of how this meant USA didnt care about Mexico's fight; of course, Obama was quick to anounce he was against it.

My opinion? Well I have nothing against legalization, nothing against weed, and nothing againsts addicts or casual users. i do think, however, that if the US legalize drugs, Mexico would quickly do the same and stop most of the combat. This is obvious, Mexico has less consumption of these drugs and much less incentive for this war and violence. I dont mean this as an argument against legalization, im just trying to give another point of view on the possible "collateral" damage. In fact, I support legalization, if this includes, of course, Mexico.

As a side note: I listened to a conference here, and I remember one doctor said theres probably no short or midterm damage on marihuana, but that there is not enough studies -due to the taboo- and its longterm issues could be unknown. And yes I know "one doctor" sounds very vague, but I agree.

I hope I dont offend anyone with my opinion. My ideas are on constant change and I'm willing to change my mind if a good argument demands it. By the way, I recommend the book "A Brief History of Drugs: From the Stone Age to the Stoned Age" by Antonio Escohotado and Ken Symington. Awesome read

Have fun guys Razz
Back to top Go down
Deezius
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana anyone?   Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:45 pm

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I myself am far from offended. And I understand exactly what you are saying. Its the same issue with Canada and US. But its the opposite of what your saying.

Canada is in the stronger rally for legalization of marijuana. But US keeps sticking their nose into there business. If people wanna get high, and wanna go to another country to do it, that is their choice to be so committed. People do it all the time when going to Amsterdam. It just becomes a serious problem when a different country is deciding the choices of another.

If you watch the documentary videos I posted, a man named Marc Emery, one of the leading figures in Canada for the legalization of weed, was arrested by the US. How? well, it never added up. Emery was selling seeds online, but never sent any to the US, and was bringing in thousands of dollars for his cause in Canada. Then the DEA, came to Canada, arrested him, and brought him to the US to go to prison for 5 years. While his own government of Canada, didn't lay down one charge. So Why is it that another country, can come into another, and take a citizen, and prosecute them in their country. Its completely wrong.

Now an ignorant person would try and argue, "Mexico is where all the weed is coming from, so how is that even a problem." which is not true. A majority of US weed is grown in the US. However, Another country should not be allowed to dictate or decide how another country is run. Mexico could apply their own laws to fight off people who smoke marijuana. But when deciding a choice like legalizing marijuana in one country, should be a decision that country make alone to its people.

As for the the damage you speak of, its true, not enough tests are being conducted to be 100% certain of the findings. However most of the negative things you hear about marijuana are from tests conducted decades ago, and were mostly based on false information. When president nixon funded studies to find proof that marijuana is dangerous, the actual tests proved otherwise, but he rejected his own findings. The damage to braincells was a test conducted long ago on monkeys who were suffocated with smoke, causing lack of oxygen which kills braincells. However in the few recent tests that have been allowed, it has shown that in adults, that no brain damage occured, that infact it could of caused more brain function. And as for the the statement about not causing cancer, tests have shown that not only have no cases of cancer being caused by smoking marijuana have come up, but that the chemicals in marijuana have been shown to greatly reduce the production of cancerous cells. With further testing, the connection between the benefits of marijuana to helping cancer victims could find all sorts of things.

Now the one thing I mostly dislike is when people refer to marijuana as a drug. I really don't see it as a drug, its a plant, that is simply grown and smoked. Now a drug like heroin...do you know who made heroin? Bayer, same people who make those aspirins. It use to be a drug people used for headaches. A drug to me is something that needs to be chemically made. Even powder cocaine has to be broken down. Marijuana though, it just grows, you pull off the bud, light it up.

Now if we legalized, and Mexico followed suit, then yes, a lot of the combat would stop. But that is not a bad thing at all. A lot of combat would stop. A huge job market would open up, tons of new products would be produced for countries to generate income and rely less on imports...oh wait, corporations hate that, cause creating jobs in America to build things requires them to pay people more, and they get much cheaper labor out of country.

thanks though for speaking your mind. were all here to share information and learn.
Back to top Go down
Nmd12345
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana anyone?   Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:45 pm

"Now if we legalized, and Mexico followed suit, then yes, a lot of the combat would stop. But that is not a bad thing at all. A lot of combat would stop."

I agree, I never claimed it was a bad thing; I simply said what I thought my country would do. I also agree every contry should make its own decison (taking in count globalization, but never forgeting this) Im simply saying that Mexico would most like follow and legalize, becouse the goverment's war on drugs would loose its purpose. And, to be honest, I have always been against the war on drugs the mexican goverment started; too much violence and dead, and the ultimate goal is to stop traffic, not its own people.

You also mentioned Canada, wich is interesting, and i have to admit my mistake by not taking it under consideration. The only thing Im not quiet sure I would agree with you is the corporate thing. I do think its true, but only to some extent; perhaps enough to tilt the balance. I just think companies follow a much simplier pattern and might not be the actual problem, atleast not this problem.

Its important to note, that the drug (sorry, Im not trying to be impolite, I know you said you dont like it when people say marijuana is a drug but I couldnt think of substitute word) wich leaves the most violent trace is the marijuana. And again, that alone is a strong argument pro legalization.

Thanks for the wonderful conversation, TheIronBat.
Back to top Go down
PigMazurka
Site Member

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana anyone?   Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:44 pm

Personally, I don't associate myself with people who openly talk about loving marijuana, wanting to smoke, wanting to legalize it, etc.

Other than that, I do not give two flying fucks as to what you do in your own home away from me.

All I see marijuana as right now is something I'm not going to do ever, and another reason teenagers are fucking retarded.*

*My mom works at the high school I go to, so everyday after school (and sometimes during lunch) I'll go and wait in her office on the internet before we go home. Almost ever other day I'll hear over her radio, "Yeah, there's a bunch of pot heads in that building again. Yeah, right next to the school. Yeah we already called the police." Every fucking week. Sometimes, they'll even still be on campus, right outside of the gym, just smoking. And every single time they're caught I'll end up listening to them complain in one of my classes, because they hate school so much, and the teachers are so dumb, and we should totally legalize it blah blah blah etc etc etc... yeah sorry. This may or may not have turned into a rant.

But besides that, I've yet to see an intelligent teenager who smokes pot. But then again, I've yet to see many intelligent teenagers.

Pardon me for sliding just a teensy tiny bit off topic. God forbid I ever do that again...

AAAAAAND one more thing. The first friend I knew that smoked pot was back when I was like thirteen in middle school, and one day she came to class giggling, and without me asking she was like, "Hey, do I seem high? I just drank some water that had pot in it." After about two minutes of listening to her giggle and talk about Finding Nemo, I told the teacher she was on drugs. The next week in Art was nice and quiet...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marijuana anyone?   

Back to top Go down

Marijuana anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
13th MEU :: Public Relations :: Public Discussion-