The Story of Karl Schultz

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: The Story of Karl Schultz   Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Edit (June, 2011): http://themindofghostops21.pbworks.com/w/page/41747608/Front-Page Link to my new story home.

For some reason, I've been thinking a lot, and had to get my ideas out somehow. Guess this is my outlet.
Damn you forums, not allowing me to tab stuff. Guess I have to manually space each section out.

The Story of Karl G. Schultz
Chapter One
Characters:
Karl Schultz – Main Protagonist, a young man that is an artists student before the war broke out.
Sonja Waltraud – A young waiter, eventually Karl Schultz’s girl friend.

Chapter One, Berlin, 1937.

Karl Schultz. A young student who had just graduated high school. He was 18, and had a bright future in sight. Karl enjoyed drawing almost anything, and went almost no where without a pencil and his notebook. This last year in high school had bored him, and had gone through four drawing note books. An immense amount, even for him. But his time was now his own. He knew he would be leaving for Berlin’s prestigious Art Academy, but that was three months away. He wasn’t sure what he would major in. He loved drawing buildings, yet also mountains, flowers and anything else he set his eyes upon. But his father detested anything art, seeing it impractical and useless, but if he did go, architecture would be the only path. It was art, but practical. He could earn a decent living, but his father was an old war veteran that only saw in black and white. Only what worked and was practical, nothing nonsensical like drawing.

Karl had just exited the high school and would normally head straight home, but he felt pride in himself. He was going to treat himself to something special. He gathered a group of his friends and they headed over to Hendmund’s Bar und Grill. Specializing in good beer and a salmon special, direct from the Rhine river.

Karl and his friends sat down at a corner near the back. Their usual waiter was no where to be found. And instead of a man serving them their cuisine, it was a young pretty woman, who looked like she would have gone to his high school.

“Hello and welcome to Hendmund’s, what can I get for you young guys?” said the young female waiter.
Of course, these four young men couldn’t help themselves in the midst of this gorgeous brunette, and Karl burst out,”Are you on the menu?!” and all the boys burst out laughing, and the waitress blushing.

And as a retort, she couldn’t stop herself fast enough and replied, “Not for you!” and more laughter ensued. “But seriously, do you want any food, or should I just kick your asses?”

The beer and food eventually arrived, and the day went on like normal, they laughed, talked about politics, war, girls, food, where they would go to college, jobs, and anything else that came into their young minds. They day passed on, and soon it was approaching dark. The boys had had their share of drinks, but Karl was the least drunk. The three boys wandered off home, but Karl stayed. He really liked that young girl. So he asked Hendmund right before the restaurant closed where she was, but to no avail she had already left. He was determined though, he would be back.

The next day had come, and Karl had come back to Hendmund. When he entered he saw the young girl. He had determination flowing through his veins, this would be his girl. He was confident upon entering, but the walk to her was the most nervous he had felt in his whole life. But Karl managed to scrape up enough courage to talk to her. “Hey, would you like to have some lunch?”

Shocked to be asked such a question, she replied, “What here? I..I don’t know, I don’t even know you,” to which Karl said, “I don’t know you either, but this isn’t stopping me from asking you, so how about a nice lunch to know each other, right here, right now.”

The young waitress was almost in shock to say anything else but I guess.

Karl’s courage had paid off; they had lunch together, and was enjoyable for both of them. He had found out her name, Sonja Waltraud. She was only a year older, and had been working at Hendmunds since she graduated. She was hoping to go to Berlin’s university as a teacher of German. Karl had fallen in love; he sat there listening to her talk for almost half of an hour before she asked him what he was going to do. He explained to Sonja that he was an artist, and was going to go to school for architecture.

After they had finished lunch, Sonja took the rest of the day off, and they headed to the park for a walk. It seemed like Karl’s life was going perfect. It was 1937, sunny and beautiful out. He had met a girl that he loved, and felt mutual. Yes, it was all good.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
100,000th Post Poster.

Life is a game. Your timer starts when you are born and ends when you die. There are no winners, losers or tiebreakers. However, the objective is to make the right choices in life. The keys are the people you know, yourself, and everyone else in the world. Are you prepared to make the right choices and use the keys correctly, or will you cheat your way through life, causing the keys to shatter, and live the rest of your life in regret? Choose wisely, your clock is ticking.

Last edited by GhostOps21 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
muchosmerc
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:05 pm

Nice, I enjoyed that.

Correct me if I'm wrong; but it seems that the protagonist is very loosely based on our old friend Schickelgruber.
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:40 am

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I know amounts of words over like 8 scares most people off, so hopefully the best of the best will read it. And actually this story is based off of my life a little, architecture just happening to be similar to our little friend Adolf. Chapter Two coming tonight or tomorrow.

On a side note, took little over an hour, a good portion of the time thinking up/confirming of good, authenticish German names. I already had a plot inside my head, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
100,000th Post Poster.

Life is a game. Your timer starts when you are born and ends when you die. There are no winners, losers or tiebreakers. However, the objective is to make the right choices in life. The keys are the people you know, yourself, and everyone else in the world. Are you prepared to make the right choices and use the keys correctly, or will you cheat your way through life, causing the keys to shatter, and live the rest of your life in regret? Choose wisely, your clock is ticking.
Back to top Go down
Cmdr.Ghost
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:51 am

I usually don't like romance novels with all the "lovey dovey" stuff, but I got to say this is one is quite interesting =) I like how everyone's introduced and the story so far. Good job and keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:51 pm

Chapter Two & Three

Characters:
Karl Schultz – Main Protagonist, a young man that is an artist student before the war broke out. Currently enrolled in Architecture at Berlin’s Art Academy.
Sonja Waltraud – Karl Schultz’s girl friend

German Words:
Wehrmacht – A term used to described all German armed forces – Army, Air Force, Navy, and later Waffen-SS
Heer – Army
Luftwaffe – Air Force
Kriegsmarine – Navy

Chapter Two, Berlin, September 1, 1939.

War has broken out between Germany, Poland, England, and France.

Karl Schultz has been enrolled in his architecture program for a year now, and has just started his second year, when war was announced. He had growing suspicions over the last year, everything was still peaceful, but the air was tense. He could just feel it. But Sonja helped relieve him of that stress, in more than one way. They had been dating for the entire time, too. They were madly in love and would soon marry each other when the time was right. But still Karl’s suspicions had been completed. War. He knew being a student; he was probably not going to be drafted. He hoped not. He was doing brilliantly in his studies, and Sonja was, too. He wanted nothing to mess up their lives. But he can’t control everything.

This day, Karl picked up the Berlin daily newspaper to read more about the announcements he had heard on the radio. It seems that German Wehrmacht forces had invaded Poland, and Britain and France weren’t going to tolerate this act of force any longer.
But his classes were going to begin soon, so he put the paper back, and started off to his school.

Chapter Three, Berlin, July 13, 1941.

The war has progressed further along, with Germany still being the victor on all fronts. Karl felt secure enough, not to worry about being drafted or to volunteer into the Wehrmacht. But in his usual brisk walk with Sonja around his neighborhood to get his mail, turned out to be a disaster. He had received his notice of conscription. How could this happen? He was a student, soon to graduate, and enter his career! The couple returned home in silence. Sonja began crying, and Karl was too stunned to do anything to comfort her or himself. Why..why me? But there was no answer. He thought the war was progressing fine; there was no need for him.

Later this day, Karl rode his bicycle down to the local recruitment station, giving him plenty of time to think along the way.

Upon entering the building, he knew there was no way out of his service to the Deutscheland. He began talking to the officer, and found out he still had time to volunteer into a unit, and not be automatically drafted. So Karl figured he’d use this opportunity to choose something good.

Karl had been reading the newspapers about the now famous General der Panzertruppe (Later Field Marshal) Erwin Rommel. So he eventually persuaded the recruitment officer to have him be transferred to the Afrika Korps. And since he was in college, he would be given a head start in the Army ranks. If Karl Schultz had to leave Germany, he’d be with the best unit the Heer had to offer, not some supply corporal in the back of the chain of command. He was to leave in two weeks. Karl had some time to spare with Sonja.

100,000th Post Poster.

Last edited by GhostOps21 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:56 pm

nice. how long u been workin on this
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Around 3 hours for all of the chapters. I worked on Chapter Two some last night, but decided I was too tired for it to be good. Finished Two and Three just 10 minutes ago.

100,000th Post Poster.

Back to top Go down
duckondrugs
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:01 pm

im working on a stoy aswell. more modern day though. might post it when done. maybe the prologue and first two chapters
Back to top Go down
Brandon
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Wow nice little story I hope you make more of it, you are a good writer/typer.

Edit: haha reading 2 & 3 now.

Last edit: Very nice, the chapters are pretty small but it's still a nice story.
Back to top Go down
Jeffay123
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:40 pm

sehr gut, interesting, and the shortness makes it an easy read, perhaps if BFH was another writing contest you could enter, think you'd do good
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:52 pm

@duck Hope to read it soon!

@Brandon Thanks! Yeah, rather short, thinking that the next ones will be definitely long, more action, etc.

@Jeffay Thanks for reading! If they do have something, let me know, it sounds kinda interesting.

Chapter Four on the way, I have to think some more, so sometime this weekend or early week.

100,000th Post Poster.

Back to top Go down
JuniorGando
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:29 pm

The story is great, but read the first part of chapter 2, you use the word but alot in it, even when it's not neccesary.

It's an interesting story for sure i'll tll you that, i'm curious about chapter 4
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:33 pm

JuniorGando wrote:
The story is great, but read the first part of chapter 2, you use the word but alot in it, even when it's not neccesary.

It's an interesting story for sure i'll tell you that, i'm curious about chapter 4

Yeah I guess I did use but a lot, thanks for noticing lol.

I've been a little busy, so Chapter 4 sometime this week/weekend.

100,000th Post Poster.

Back to top Go down
modernwarfare132
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:46 pm

also, the Wehrmacht was not the whole german army, but only a small, elite force that worked closely with the Waffen-SS
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:52 pm

williamdanm1 wrote:
also, the Wehrmacht was not the whole german army, but only a small, elite force that worked closely with the Waffen-SS

You're mistaken, it was the whole German army. I've had my share of World War Two stuff. The Waffen-SS was partially in the Wehrmacht, shared the same High Command, but was rather independent. You must be thinking of something else.

100,000th Post Poster.

Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:16 am

Coming soon, maybe, xD.

100,000th Post Poster.

Back to top Go down
JuniorGando
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:21 am

your letting me wait on purpose XD

i tought yes a new post of ghostops, chapteer 4 is done and i wanted to read it, guess what no chapter Sad
Back to top Go down
PaddieBear
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:26 am

As a fellow writer, well done...it was well written and as always, IMPROVEMENT never ends it can get even better than this.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:02 pm

Sometime, I promise I will continue, maybe something tonight?

100,000th Post Poster.

Back to top Go down
modernwarfare132
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:11 pm

bump
reason for bumping, i want to see the end
Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:57 am

Wow, it's been awhile, but for some reason, I was doing more deep thinking, and just started typing this again. I'll post everything up to now, and next post will be Chapter 4!

Chapter One

Characters:
Karl Schultz – Main Protagonist, a young man that is an artists student before the war broke out.
Sonja Waltraud – A young waiter, eventually Karl Schultz’s girl friend.

Chapter One, Berlin, 1937.

Karl Schultz. A young student who had just graduated high school. He was 18, and had a bright future in sight. Karl enjoyed drawing almost anything, and went almost no where without a pencil and his notebook. This last year in high school had bored him, and had gone through four drawing note books. An immense amount, even for him. But his time was now his own. He knew he would be leaving for Berlin’s prestigious Art Academy, but that was three months away. He wasn’t sure what he would major in. He loved drawing buildings, yet also mountains, flowers and anything else he set his eyes upon. But his father detested anything art, seeing it impractical and useless, but if he did go, architecture would be the only path. It was art, but practical. He could earn a decent living, but his father was an old war veteran that only saw in black and white. Only what worked and was practical, nothing nonsensical like drawing.

Karl had just exited the high school and would normally head straight home, but he felt pride in himself. He was going to treat himself to something special. He gathered a group of his friends and they headed over to Hendmund’s Bar und Grill. Specializing in good beer and a salmon special, direct from the Rhine river.

Karl and his friends sat down at a corner near the back. Their usual waiter was no where to be found. And instead of a man serving them their cuisine, it was a young pretty woman, who looked like she would have gone to his high school.

“Hello and welcome to Hendmund’s, what can I get for you young guys?” said the young female waiter.
Of course, these four young men couldn’t help themselves in the midst of this gorgeous brunette, and Karl burst out,”Are you on the menu?!” and all the boys burst out laughing, and the waitress blushing.

And as a retort, she couldn’t stop herself fast enough and replied, “Not for you!” and more laughter ensued. “But seriously, do you want any food, or should I just kick your asses?”

The beer and food eventually arrived, and the day went on like normal, they laughed, talked about politics, war, girls, food, where they would go to college, jobs, and anything else that came into their young minds. They day passed on, and soon it was approaching dark. The boys had had their share of drinks, but Karl was the least drunk. The three boys wandered off home, but Karl stayed. He really liked that young girl. So he asked Hendmund right before the restaurant closed where she was, but to no avail she had already left. He was determined though, he would be back.

The next day had come, and Karl had come back to Hendmund. When he entered he saw the young girl. He had determination flowing through his veins, this would be his girl. He was confident upon entering, but the walk to her was the most nervous he had felt in his whole life. But Karl managed to scrape up enough courage to talk to her. “Hey, would you like to have some lunch?”

Shocked to be asked such a question, she replied, “What here? I..I don’t know, I don’t even know you,” to which Karl said, “I don’t know you either, but this isn’t stopping me from asking you, so how about a nice lunch to know each other, right here, right now.”

The young waitress was almost in shock to say anything else but I guess.

Karl’s courage had paid off; they had lunch together, and was enjoyable for both of them. He had found out her name, Sonja Waltraud. She was only a year older, and had been working at Hendmunds since she graduated. She was hoping to go to Berlin’s university as a teacher of German. Karl had fallen in love; he sat there listening to her talk for almost half of an hour before she asked him what he was going to do. He explained to Sonja that he was an artist, and was going to go to school for architecture.

After they had finished lunch, Sonja took the rest of the day off, and they headed to the park for a walk. It seemed like Karl’s life was going perfect. It was 1937, sunny and beautiful out. He had met a girl that he loved, and felt mutual. Yes, it was all good.

Chapter Two & Three

Characters:
Karl Schultz – Main Protagonist, a young man that is an artist student before the war broke out. Currently enrolled in Architecture at Berlin’s Art Academy.

German Words:
Wehrmacht – A term used to described all German armed forces – Army, Air Force, Navy, and later Waffen-SS
Heer – Army
Luftwaffe – Air Force
Kriegsmarine – Navy

Chapter Two, Berlin, September 1, 1939.

War has broken out between Germany, Poland, England, and France.

Karl Schultz has been enrolled in his architecture program for a year now, and has just started his second year, when war was announced. He had growing suspicions over the last year, everything was still peaceful, but the air was tense. He could just feel it. But Sonja helped relieve him of that stress, in more than one way. They had been dating for the entire time, too. They were madly in love and would soon marry each other when the time was right. But still Karl’s suspicions had been completed. War. He knew being a student; he was probably not going to be drafted. He hoped not. He was doing brilliantly in his studies, and Sonja was, too. He wanted nothing to mess up their lives. But he can’t control everything.

This day, Karl picked up the Berlin daily newspaper to read more about the announcements he had heard on the radio. It seems that German Wehrmacht forces had invaded Poland, and Britain and France weren’t going to tolerate this act of force any longer.
But his classes were going to begin soon, so he put the paper back, and started off to his school.

Chapter Three, Berlin, July 13, 1941.

The war has progressed further along, with Germany still being the victor on all fronts. Karl felt secure enough, not to worry about being drafted or to volunteer into the Wehrmacht. But in his usual brisk walk with Sonja around his neighborhood to get his mail, turned out to be a disaster. He had received his notice of conscription. How could this happen? He was a student, soon to graduate, and enter his career! The couple returned home in silence. Sonja began crying, and Karl was too stunned to do anything to comfort her or himself. Why..why me? But there was no answer. He thought the war was progressing fine; there was no need for him.

Later this day, Karl rode his bicycle down to the local recruitment station, giving him plenty of time to think along the way.

Upon entering the building, he knew there was no way out of his service to the Deutscheland. He began talking to the officer, and found out he still had time to volunteer into a unit, and not be automatically drafted. So Karl figured he’d use this opportunity to choose something good.

Karl had been reading the newspapers about the now famous General der Panzertruppe (Later Field Marshal) Erwin Rommel. So he eventually persuaded the recruitment officer to have him be transferred to the Afrika Korps. And since he was in college, he would be given a head start in the Army ranks. If Karl Schultz had to leave Germany, he’d be with the best unit the Heer had to offer, not some supply corporal in the back of the chain of command. He was to leave in two weeks. Karl had some time to spare with Sonja.

100,000th Post Poster.

Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:02 am

Chapter Four

Characters (so far):
Karl Schultz – Main Protagonist, a young man that is an artist student before the war broke out. Had been enrolled in Architecture at Berlin’s Art Academy.
Hauptmann (Captain) Erich Kolman – Karl’s soon-to-be direct superior in his service in World War 2.

Chapter 4, El Agheila, Libya, Afrika. 15 May, 1942.

Karl had successfully completed boot camp, and later his technical training to become a tank commander of a Panzerkampfwagen IV, Ausf F2. He had also been placed in charge of an entire tank platoon, and received a rank of feldwebel, nothing short of amazing. His college experience had paid off, but so had his dedication to make his time worthwhile since he had to serve his homeland.

He had also been granted his wish, and transferred to the Afrika Korps, 21st Panzer Division, 22nd Panzer Regiment, 1st Panzer Battalion commanded by the legendary Hauptmann Erich Kolman. Kolman was an experienced desert fighter, battling the British since early 1941.

Karl was a fresh trooper, dedicated not so much to his führer, but his country, his love, and himself. Upon arriving in Afrika, he was shocked at the sight before him, the port of El Agheila, a German stronghold. He was used to the green of Europe and Germany, this land was nothing like he could imagine. Dry, sandy, hot. Not the most hospitable conditions, but it would do.

His platoon of brand new Panzer IV F2 were offloaded from one of the last supply ships and directed to the nearest supply depot to be readied for desert fighting. The troops under his command and all of the other fresh troops found their living quarters, trying to make it feel like home. Meanwhile Karl needed to find his commanding officer.

The base was bustling with activity, and Karl could sense something was bound to happen soon, as men were rather frantic and not relaxed. A hot desert wind had rolled in throwing dust everywhere, leaving Karl dazed and confused, stumbling into an obvious veteran Panzeroberschütze (tank soldier).

Scheiße!! Watch it you fresh soldat, I can smell the fear and stench of outsider on you!” cursed the soldier.

“Please, could you tell me where the…” Karl searching frantically through his papers, “Afrika Korps 21st Panzer Division, 22nd Panzer Regiment, 1st Panzer Battalion headquarters is?” clearly reading from his notes.

“Firstly, it’s just 21.22 1BT, no one calls it by that formal title and we all are Afrika Korps unless you are a lazy Italian, and secondly, its right over there!” pointing to a building with the sign clearly stating that it was 21.22 1BT’s HQ.

“Oh…danke, I… I couldn’t see with the sand and dust in the…” as the soldier walked away preoccupied with his task.

Great start, Karl thought to himself, as he straightened out his uniform and readying himself for the commanding officer, who according to his notes was a Hauptmann Erich Kolman.

Karl walked up the stairs and slowly opened the door, letting his eyes adjust to the darkness, from the astoundingly bright outside. Five men were seated inside the building and all looked up at him, leaving Karl feeling very nervous…

100,000th Post Poster.

Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:37 am

I've created a new home for my story, I'll still keep posting here, but feel free to visit my new site.

http://themindofghostops21.pbworks.com/w/page/41747608/Front-Page

Chapter 5 coming within today, 6 & 7 are planned within this week, and I plan to stick to this schedule.

100,000th Post Poster.

Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:42 am

Chapter Five

Characters (so far):
Karl Schultz – Main Protagonist, a young man that is an artist student before the war broke out. Had been enrolled in Architecture at Berlin’s Art Academy.
Hauptmann (Captain) Erich Kolman – Karl’s soon-to-be direct superior in his service in World War 2.
Leutnant Wolfram “Wolf” Seppel – Karl’s platoon commander, directly overseeing him in battle

Chapter 5, El Agheila, Libya, Afrika. 15 May, 1942.

Karl closed the door gently behind him, trying to be as unobtrusive as he could be, even though it was not really worth it, as all five men knew he was there.

Feldwebel Karl G. Schultz reporting for duty!” sharply cut out.

“My, my, already a Feldwebel, and so new and young!” one of the men whispered.

“So Feldwebel Schultz, I see your platoon has arrived safely and the tanks I presume? Hm..good, yes. Well you’ll be directly reporting to me, since I am 1st Battalions commander. Well there’s no time for formalities, come join this meeting, we’ll need you on the battlefield soon enough… If you haven’t guessed, I’m Erich Kolman, here sit next to me.”

“Jawohl, mein Herr!” politely said Karl, sitting next to Kolman.

“No need for that S*** around here, it is good for NCO and Officer school, but here in the field, all that political S*** just goes out the window.” advised Kolman, “As you probably noticed, the soldiers are gearing up for some big action in the next week or so, as our commander Rommel has a new attack plan up his sleeve, and the 21st Division will be spearheading it.

Kolman shows Karl the general attack route that is planned, “So we will be as the 22nd flanking around the VIII British Corps and push through to the Gazala line, and ultimately Tobruk. If you don’t want to participate, I completely understand as this is a vital and dangerous operation, but experience is the best, most brutal teacher.”

“I would be honored to participate in this battle, as long as someone can help me out along the way.”

“Of course, this is Leutnant Wolfram Seppel, but everyone just calls him Wolf, and he is your platoon commander, overseeing 1st platoon, and yours’ being the 2nd,” informed Kolman.

Seppel and Karl exchange formal greetings, and shake hands, “I look forward to working with you Seppel,” said Karl, “as do I, Feldwebel Schultz,” replied Seppel.

The meeting was shortly adjourned, and Karl was left to himself for the next few days, and he decided to find his men, and found them all grouped together in a small barrack building. He spent the next few hours talking and learning about his men that he would shortly lead into battle. He had 20 men including himself under his command, four tanks overall.

100,000th Post Poster.

Back to top Go down
GhostOps21
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:10 am

(Got an idea, and kept writing)

Chapter Six

Characters (so far):
Karl Schultz – Main Protagonist, a young man that is an artist student before the war broke out. Had been enrolled in Architecture at Berlin’s Art Academy. Currently serving the Wehrmacht in the Afrika Korps.
Leutnant Wolfram “Wolf” Seppel – Karl’s platoon commander, directly overseeing him in battle

Chapter 6 My Dearest Love Part 1, El Agheila, Libya, Afrika. 16 May, 1942.

Address To:
Sonja Waltraud
116 Kontra Street, Berlin, Germany

Karl G. Schultz
ID: 2055178, Unit DAK21.22/1BT

My Dearest Love,

I’ve missed you so incredibly much, the time away at boot camp, and now in Afrika is unbearable. Every night I long for you my love. Just think in little under a year, I will receive my leave back to the fatherland, and I count everyday down.

I’ve landed here in Afrika, a place called El Agheila, Libya in Afrika. You’d hate this place dear, its extremely hot, extremely dry, and sand is everywhere, with the occasional tree. I haven’t seen the actual city yet, as I have just been living here on base, but I think that will change soon, as the men want to explore the local female population… The food here is decent enough, not always enough, but I think that’s how the desert seems to work, only enough to get along, nothing more.

I’ve also met my commander, Erich Kolman. He seems like a good guy, one of those strict but fair kind of person. And my platoon commander (the guy who will direct me in battle) is a man named Wolfram Seppel, a formal person, who seems good enough, but only time will tell. I’ve been informed that we will be leaving to fight the British soon, but I can’t tell you exactly when or where, as the censors will erase it, but know that I am doing fine in Afrika, and even though it wasn’t my plan to fight for the fatherland, I accept my duty, and I hope that you can forgive me for leaving my love.

Enough of me, how is Berlin, Sonja? I imagine the beer must be fine, and the summer meals must be starting to pop up around town. I can picture you in your lovely summer skirt, the one that your father must hate, but I love! It would have been a perfect time to get married I imagine, but don’t lose hope my love, I will return a victor and carry you away to our honeymoon… I hope to see your letter soon.

Your love,
Feldwebel Karl G. Schultz
DAK21.22/1BT

100,000th Post Poster.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Karl Schultz   

Back to top Go down

The Story of Karl Schultz

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
13th MEU :: Public Relations :: Public Discussion-