Share | 

PS4 announcement conference

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZANNARAGE
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: PS4 announcement conference   Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:36 pm

I haven't seen posts about the ps4 meeting of the 20/02/13 so I was thinking about opening a tread where we can discuss about it! Very Happy

Than I'll start with my thoughts about the PS4 and the annaunced games:

First of all I'm a PS3 player so I have been waiting so long for this announcement and I have to say that I'm really satisfied! they haven't showned the PS4 yet but I think that they are gonna do it at the E3 which is gonna be the best E3 ever in my opinion.

1- They built the ps4 in order to make it similar to a gaming pc, this means that games are gonna be easier to develop and the 8GB GDDR5 ram made me so happy!!
Then you can also download things in background while you are playing! The spectator mode is great, you can even watch your friends playing a game that you dont own and than chose if u want to buy it.

2-They presented the new dualshock 4 controller that I personally like! Maybe the touchpad wont be very comfortable but the idea of a share button to upload in a moment your last fifteen minutes of gameplay on youtube is great! I'm happy that they changed the R2 and L2 buttons and made them look similar to the xbox controller. But only after trying it directly in your own hands you'll be able to say if it fits well or it doesn't Razz

3- I find the retrocompatibility issue with the PS3 games on the PS4 very important and Sony played actually very well. They buyed Gaikai, that allows you to play games in streaming, which is actually good if u have a good internet connection, but if u have mine........... never mind.

4- Lest skip to the game previews! the games that i liked the most are Deep down- working title, that impressed me a lot for the high quality graphics, Watchdogs which looks amazing and is a kind of revolution in the gaming world, in the way the characters behave and i mean, I already love it, Destiny which looks so sick but actually only when new details are coming out i'll be able to make up my mind, and last but not least the new killzone, even if I haven't been a fun of the series and I just found out that it's sure it's gonna run in 1080p AT ONLY 30 fps!!!!!!!!! which disappoints me a lot, but the graphics look great.

It's said that the PS4 is gonna come out in 2 different versions, dont know the differances between them, at 429$ and 529$, and than Jack Tratton announced that PS4 games are gonna cost from 0.99$ to 60$ and that is actually very good. He said also that there will be more free-to-play games and there will be more ways to test the games before buying them, something different for the DEMO, but atm this is only for U.S.A.

The release date is set for xmas holidays but no specific information about europe. Imo it's coming out in the first months of 2014 in Europe Sad

Here are some trailers and interesting videos:

PLAYSTATION 4 official trailer

TOP 10 of PlayStation4 by machinima

GAME PREVIEWS by machinima (these are only cutted parts of the shown videos, but in my opinion you should watch the full killzone and deep down trailer)

FULL SONY CONFERENCE for those of you who want to and haven't yet watched it

Thank you for reading it and I'm sorry if I made grammar mistakes, which I did for sure! Very Happy

Zanna
Back to top Go down
redviper911
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: PS4 announcement conference   Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:56 pm

ZANNARAGE wrote:

4- Lest skip to the game previews! the games that i liked the most are Deep down- working title, that impressed me a lot for the high quality graphics, Watchdogs which looks amazing and is a kind of revolution in the gaming world, in the way the characters behave and i mean, I already love it, Destiny which looks so sick but actually only when new details are coming out i'll be able to make up my mind, and last but not least the new killzone, even if I haven't been a fun of the series and I just found out that it's sure it's gonna run in 1080p AT ONLY 30 fps!!!!!!!!! which disappoints me a lot, but the graphics look great.
People can only see 30 fps noob.
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: PS4 announcement conference   Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Not true.
Back to top Go down
Endrane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: PS4 announcement conference   Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:30 pm

redviper911 wrote:
People can only see 30 fps noob.

Deathdealer is right. The human eye sees at about 24 fps, but that doesn't mean that movement isn't more fluid if framerate is higher. Here's a comparison of 15, 30, and 60 fps animations. You will be able to tell the difference. http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

____________________________________________________________________________________________
13th MEU Command Element
Back to top Go down
Deathdealer96
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: PS4 announcement conference   Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:23 am

The human eye doesn't see in fps at all.
Back to top Go down
AppleGrande
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: PS4 announcement conference   Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:15 am

Who needs a PS4 when you have a gamecube.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS4 announcement conference   

Back to top Go down

PS4 announcement conference

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
13th MEU :: Public Relations :: Public Discussion-